The Astros' Owner and G.M. Have Long-Term Plans

OFFNY

Where did you get this chart? Is there one for every team? I'd be interested to look at them.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Astros?src=hash">#Astros</a> lock down OF defense when Rasmus, Marisnick & Springer play... Springer has amazing range in RF. <a href="https://t.co/IQqjmXC4pW">pic.twitter.com/IQqjmXC4pW</a></p>— Daren Willman (@darenw) <a href="

">January 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pulled it off Twitter.

It's MLBAM stuff.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm excited to finally announce that very soon I'll be joining <a href="https://twitter.com/mlbam">@mlbam</a> as Director of Baseball Research & Development... Can't wait.</p>— Daren Willman (@darenw) <a href="

">December 9, 2015</a></blockquote>

Here's Trout.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike Trout's OF range based on Statcast data... <a href="https://t.co/iCrgDN7lFT">pic.twitter.com/iCrgDN7lFT</a></p>— Daren Willman (@darenw) <a href="

">January 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

I just followed him, looks like lots of fun stuff.

Manny gets robbed.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fun Statcast breakdown of Kevin Kiermaier robbing Manny Machado of a HR. Love the wide route Machado takes home <a href="https://t.co/eM08TAx5DN">pic.twitter.com/eM08TAx5DN</a></p>— Daren Willman (@darenw) <a href="

">January 14, 2016</a></blockquote>

Edited by Can_of_corn

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Astros prospect Jose Rosario, 20, died last night in a motorcycle accident in the Dominican Republic.</p>— Brian McTaggart (@brianmctaggart) <a href="

">January 25, 2016</a></blockquote>

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A change in Astros amateur scouting: JD Alleva, who was a national supervisor (east), is no longer with the team.</p>— Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) <a href="

">March 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Astros got clobbered by Seattle last night to drop to 6-15, dead last in the AL. Is it just a slow start or is The Plan to lose 100 games for the next three years to really, really stock up the farm?

I would lean toward a slow start, but that starting pitching suddenly doesn't look as great as it did last year.

The Astros got clobbered by Seattle last night to drop to 6-15, dead last in the AL. Is it just a slow start or is The Plan to lose 100 games for the next three years to really, really stock up the farm?

I would lean toward a slow start, but that starting pitching suddenly doesn't look as great as it did last year.

Craziness I know. A lot of the names are the same, they're just pitching much worse. Makes you wonder what's going on.

• 1 month later...