The Astros' Owner and G.M. Have Long-Term Plans

OFFNY

On 10/21/2019 at 8:09 PM, KylOriole Ren said:

Bloody hail the way some fans act its like they're getting a paycheck in the mail for watching the games? Its the reason I never get into debates with strangers over sports.  If we both like the same team then I'll talk with them then other wise I'm just a spectator.

A 2 year old was recently shot in Baltimore.  Happened because someone honked at a car that didn't move at a green light.  You can't avoid the angry people with guns in America. 

So what does this team’s window look like?  
I know they have Whitley as a prospect, but their other two starters are in their late 30s.  I can’t see them being able to afford Cole especially when they have to take on a full season of Greinke’s salary and Altuve gets a $20M bump.

2 hours ago, backwardsk said:

So what does this team’s window look like?  
I know they have Whitley as a prospect, but their other two starters are in their late 30s.  I can’t see them being able to afford Cole especially when they have to take on a full season of Greinke’s salary and Altuve gets a $20M bump.

Fangraphs, which ranks the O’s farm system 10th, ranks the Astros 24th.   They have a couple of highly rated young pitchers who broke into the majors late this year, who don’t count in those rankings.  

• 11 months later...

o

(OCTOBER 17th)

After a mediocre regular season in which the Astros (along with the Milwaukee Brewers) became the first team ever to qualify for the post-season based on a losing record, their dreams of winning another American League Champioship came up one game short, as they fell to the Tampa Bay-D-Rays in Game 7 of the 2020 ALCS.

o

• 6 months later...