The BRob Effect

webbrick2010

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He actually DID nothing for the TEAM. He put up good numbers for horrible teams.

Just like that no good loser Ernie Banks and his goof off teammate Billy Williams. Played their selfish ways into the Hall of Fame but never got the Cubs into the playoffs. Should have just released them and moved on in the late 50s. How easy is it to have a consecutive games streak or be known for "let's play two" when you know you're out of the pennant race every June.

Other than the fact that they likely have a personal relationship with B-Rob, especially those who came into the organization as young guys when BRob was an all-star caliber 2B, so are much more likely to have patience with his situation.

I doubt it. The last time BROb was an All star was 2007. There are exactly 2 players from 07' that are still on the team, Nick and JJ who pitched in one game. The last time BRob played in over 100 games was 09', there are only 7 players left from that team, Matusz pitched in 8 games, Tillman in 12, Matt, caught 1/2 the season. For the rest of the guys on this team Brob is just some guy that keeps trying to come back and has not been able to. I doubt the majority of the team has the patience you speak of.

So by this guys standards anyone who has a good season on losing teams is a me first player. :vader:

Well, now that you mention it ........ he WAS a showboat.

Roberts easily could have fit in nicely with all of those losing teams by hitting about .255 or .260 every year, hitting about 20-25 doubles per season, and stealing about 10-15 bases each year.

But, NOOOOOOOOO ........ he had to go and be a little Prima donna by setting the all-time major league record for doubles in a season by a switch-hitter (56), leading the league in doubles in 2 different seasons, leading the league in stolen bases one season, and making 2 all-star teams.

Some people will do ANYTHING for attention. :angryfire:

So you back off of the claim that BRob is responsible for struggles of the ballclub, then you drop this in. Are you saying that his being active is actively harming the team right now or not?

I backed off on the claims that BRob was responsible for every losing team that he has been a part of ("The BRob effect").

I strongly believe that the present BRob isn't one of the best 25 players on the O's 40 man roster.

Well, now that you mention it ........ he WAS a showboat.

Roberts easily could have fit in nicely with all of those losing teams by hitting about .255 or .260 every year, hitting about 20-25 doubles per season, and stealing about 10-15 bases each year.

But, NOOOOOOOOO ........ he had to go and be a little Prima donna by setting the all-time major league record for doubles in a season by a switch-hitter (56), leading the league in doubles in 2 different seasons, leading the league in stolen bases one season, and making 2 all-star teams.

Some people will do ANYTHING for attention. :angryfire:

I have been reading this board for as long as it has been around. Attention seeker?? LOL... Hello pot, i'm kettle.

Tonight BRob in lineup as DH agains LH pitcher

Nate McClouth in LF

Alexi Casilla at 2B

Nolan Reimold on bench (AB's taken by Roberts/McClouth)

This will be an example of Roberts hurting the O's

Was going to take the kids (Dugout Club game), but not too interested in seeing this lineup.

Nate McClouth in LF

Alexi Casilla at 2B

Was going to take the kids (Dugout Club game), but not too interested in seeing this lineup.

Buck said something the other night about not too worried about LRL situations, he said he has several players that have shown they can either types of pitching.

Nate McClouth in LF

Alexi Casilla at 2B

I have more of a problem with McLouth playing against a lefty than Roberts. But I guess Reimold is pretty inadequate in the field, so they don't want him out there and would rather have a better glove/.675 OPS in McLouth.

But really, if you don't play Reimold against a lefty what situation is he on the roster for? His continued employment befuddles me. Much moreso than Roberts.

Buck said something the other night about not too worried about LRL situations, he said he has several players that have shown they can either types of pitching.

It's times like this I have to assume Buck knows what he's saying isn't really true and he's just saying it for motivation and to get the troops behind his decisions.

Archived