The BRob Effect

webbrick2010

I know it's probably unfair, but I'm feeling it as well. I just don't care for his style of play, defense at second and him at DH (totally not his fault there). I agree that they should just play him at second base for now.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And yet you titled the post "The BRob Effect". How mysterious.

Yeah, well that was a little dramatic.

It's probably just bad luck that BRob has never been on a winner.

But perhaps the "BRob effect" is just some curse.

If BRob plays every game for the rest of the year... and the O's end up with a losing record in those game then

the effect will be intact and be a mysterious unexplainable phenomenon.

So, Flaherty puts that line up for over 2 months and it's fine. Roberts is back for a little over a week and is the reason the O's had a bad week? You never cease to befuddle me with you absolutely ridiculous assertions.

No kidding. This is the same guy, if I'm not mistaken, who called B-Rob a POS in one of his prior posts.

No kidding. This is the same guy, if I'm not mistaken, who called B-Rob a POS in one of his prior posts.

If you are referring to me... you are mistaken, I have never referred to anyone (player, poster, neighbor, etc) as a POS

Flaherty would still have only played 4 games during the 8 games since Brian is back and he has started 2 games so it is not like Flahery is missing all the games played.
He was on fire when Brian got called up though, and our offense really needs another hot hitter right now.

So did the Yankees lose in the '80's because of the "Mattingly Effect?" Would they have not won if he had stayed healthy and played on those mid to late '90's teams?

LOL, Are you really comparing Brian Roberts to Don Mattingly?? If the Orioles of 5 years ago had Don Mattingly they woud have had a winning record.

Don Mattingly played for the Yankees for 14 seasons.... they had a winning record in 9 of those years

Not sure if you had a point

Flaherty would still have only played 4 games during the 8 games since Brian is back and he has started 2 games so it is not like Flahery is missing all the games played.
The issue isn't BRob vs Flash. Buck never played Flaherty vs LHP and he shouldn't have. If anything it's Brob vs Casilla. But it's a non issue. See how Roberts is hitting after a few more than 36 PA.

The O's are now 3-4 Since BRob came back

They are 5-5 for the 10 games he has played this year

They were 7-10 in the 17 games BRob played last year

BRob has never been on the field for a winning team (not even in the minors).

BRob now has .242/.257/.364/.621

The .621 OPS is below Casilla and Flaherty

In the 7 games since his return he has

.142/.181/.272/.453

How long will Buck play BRob before mercifully the plug is pulled on his career.

I really thought the days of giving preferential treatment to washed up veterans were behind the O's

Although if you recall, when we had an almost historic awful start in 2010, and that had a historic turnaround when Buck was hired, that also coincided with Brian Roberts coming back.

And, part of our offensive explosion in 2004 and the beginning of 2005 had to do with Brian Roberts.

Although if you recall, when we had an almost historic awful start in 2010, and that had a historic turnaround when Buck was hired, that also coincided with Brian Roberts coming back.

And, part of our offensive explosion in 2004 and the beginning of 2005 had to do with Brian Roberts.

Hey I'd love to have the BRob of 2004 & 2005, but the real question is if the BRob of 2013 should be starting (or even on the roster).

I maintain that we have a better 25 man roster with BRob not on it.

Time will prove me correct/incorrect or more likely it will still be debateable.

Hey I'd love to have the BRob of 2004 & 2005, but the real question is if the BRob of 2013 should be starting (or even on the roster).

I maintain that we have a better 25 man roster with BRob not on it.

Time will prove me correct/incorrect or more likely it will still be debateable.

I think that it's going to hard to gauge BRob's performance over the next few months. How do you go from playing less than 1/3 of your games over the past three years to DHing and playing 2B occasionally, and expect to put up a .350 OBP and play Gold Glove defense? Baseball is a game of consistency.

I don't know about a BRob effect. But I never liked the way he played. In my opinion he comes across as it's all about him. He comes across, to me, as a selfish player. I always viewed him as a guy that would be happy if he got 3 hits and if the team lost, no biggie. I don't like that more often then not he does not bust it down the line, never did. I always hoped that he would not come back. Give me Flaherty over him any day.

Archived