Braun suspended

jjdman

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it's the lying not the PED use that bothers you.

Got it.

Did you think Strop was actually injured this year or do you boo Buck and the FO for lying about it?

All I can say is - God help you if you're serious.

Character my friend, character. If I recall, Roberts never through someone who lost his job under the bus. IMO, if you screw with someone's life like that there is no character. That is not a thought process that will ever completely change. If someone you worked with got someone else fired through their lying, would you want that person in the cubicle next door?

Exactly. Did the people backing Braun not remember this?

If it weren't for the money, I'd take him in a heartbeat. If the Brewers are willing to talk about shouldering a lot of that money, I'd start talking right now.

I doubt the Brewers are going to let him go, however.

You would take a known cheater? Wow. I sure wouldnt. To me there is such a

thing as honor. To cheat then lie and then throw someone else under the bus is

not honorable. Now others may think I am an idiot to think that way. The O's

have a good team. I am sure there are other players to man LF the O's can sign or

maybe even in house. IMO

Yeah, you have to imagine the Yankees are just hoping his suspension will come out before he has to be activated. Amazing how he suddenly had a quad injury after going through a full rehab. They don't want him anywhere near the team.

There are reports Rodriguez is disputing the quad injury. He thinks the team is wrongfully keeping him sidelined in the hopes they can cash the insurance checks.

There are reports Rodriguez is disputing the quad injury. He thinks the team is wrongfully keeping him sidelined in the hopes they can cash the insurance checks.

No way in the world the insurance companies pay off on those deals if he is suspended.

Not unless the Yanks can prove to an arbiter that Arod was going to miss 60 games with a grade 1 quad strain.

They did not need Braun's chirping. He was shocked by the evidence and agreed to the first deal offered that would keep it out of press. The evidence is long term, compelling, and settlement worthy. They are only giving up money and pride. No one is going to prison.

Why wouldn't he jump at that deal? He gets the rest of the year off from a team that is going nowhere this season. It will cost him about $3M which in the grand scheme of things is small change considering he's due $100M thanks to his contract. I doubt it was the first deal offered. It's pretty likely he (through his lawyers) negotiated with MLB and quite possibly threw a few players under the proverbial bus by offering his first hand knowledge of their Biogenesis dealings.

And if you think he was shocked, I can only guess Rodriguez is sweating .50 cal bullets over what they have on him.

I keep seeing the statement that RB "came clean". Not sure he did anything other than admit he got caught doing something unspecified. His statement about making a mistake is truly incredulous when you think about the facts.

1) He has taken banned (also illegal) substances (possibly multiple times - I don't know what he was almost suspended for last time). Once is a mistake - more than once is not.

2) He has lied about #1. If he had admitted to taking something illegal last year and put a good spin on it, he may have been able to salvage his reputation to some extent. But to lie and destroy other lives in the process is Not A Mistake, it's a well planned out action.

3) If he really wants to come clean, release the paperwork and let's see what he did. Privacy rights probably won't allow MLB to do it unilaterally, but RB could.

I keep seeing the statement that RB "came clean". Not sure he did anything other than admit he got caught doing something unspecified. His statement about making a mistake is truly incredulous when you think about the facts.

1) He has taken banned (also illegal) substances (possibly multiple times - I don't know what he was almost suspended for last time). Once is a mistake - more than once is not.

2) He has lied about #1. If he had admitted to taking something illegal last year and put a good spin on it, he may have been able to salvage his reputation to some extent. But to lie and destroy other lives in the process is Not A Mistake, it's a well planned out action.

3) If he really wants to come clean, release the paperwork and let's see what he did. Privacy rights probably won't allow MLB to do it unilaterally, but RB could.

If national security information is getting leaked, you can bet the Biogenesis story will be out there in due time.

Aside from the fact that he's guaranteed over $200 million on his current contract, does anyone know how good he is when not juiced?

I don't know, but I thought he was comparable to Nick when they were first starting. I noted on the game broadcast last night that Nick had some critical comments about the case/steroid users (relayed by the broadcasters).

I don't know, but I thought he was comparable to Nick when they were first starting. I noted on the game broadcast last night that Nick had some critical comments about the case/steroid users (relayed by the broadcasters).

How do you know he wasn't juiced then?

Archived