Braun suspended

jjdman

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know. He had more power than Nick from the start, but I wasn't impressed with his plate discipline. I thought Nick would hit for more power and narrow the gap on him.

Maybe the gap will be narrowed naturally, with Braun putting up Nick-like power numbers.

No way in the world the insurance companies pay off on those deals if he is suspended.

Not unless the Yanks can prove to an arbiter that Arod was going to miss 60 games with a grade 1 quad strain.

The longer he is kept off the playing field the longer he is unable to demonstrate that his hips no longer allow him to play baseball.

I'm not looking for a Braun on roids. I'm looking for a low cost, low risk, high upside investment tied to what would certainly be a performance based contract tied to routine testing. Unlike Bonds, Braun has owned up to the issue at hand, accepted responsibility, apologized and accepted his punishment. By the way, he's suspended without pay. Not sure he'll put his career at risk again after this. Lastly, the guy has awesome talent and would upgrade LF for us.

There is so much wrong with this post.

First of all how do you know what Braun off PED's will be like?

Low cost/low risk? He's owed over $20M on that contract.

He didn't own up to anything. He accepted a deal and issued a statement prepared by his agent that is a slap in the face to fans everywhere. He's sorry because he got caught. That's all.

Suspended without pay. Wow. It's less than 3% of what his remaining contract will pay him. Yeah; he's going on food stamps.

If you want a guy on your team who is a "boo" magnet wherever he goes, more power to you. He's a POS.

"I do believe, from what I've heard anyway, the evidence is much stronger against Alex Rodriguez, if you go just by the [biogenesis] notebooks," Verducci said. "Ryan Braun was in those notebooks just barely a couple of times, and in both cases it was about money owed to Tony Bosch. In A-Rod's case, he's been tied to at least 19 different substances, and drug regimens that literally were prescribed to be taken morning, noon and night in various forms - I'm talking about injections, lozenges, creams. It's 'War and Peace' as far as drug regimens go.

"But beyond that, I'm sure there's other evidence. There must have been with Ryan Braun, in terms of tangible evidence - receipts, canceled checks, whatever you want to have."

Added Verducci: "Braun was treated as more than just a first-time offender, and I think that will be true of Alex as well. Whether that goes back to his treatment with Dr. Anthony Galea in 2009, whether it goes back to trying to purchase documents from Tony Bosch to try to basically subvert the investigation, whether it goes to any type of mentoring, so to speak, that he did with young players who have cooperated with MLB baseball - there's lots of things besides just scribblings in a notebook that they can connect to Alex Rodriguez. There's a lot more. I think he could be looking at anything up to a lifetime suspension."

I don't care what your stance is on PEDs, it's pretty hard to root for this guy after reading this. Calling this guy a D-bag is an insult to D-bags.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ryan-braun-doped--lied-and-cared-only-for-himself-050550708.html

Wow, Passan didn't pull any punches: "What we know of Braun today is no different than what we knew of him before: He is a cockroach."

Wow, Passan didn't pull any punches: "What we know of Braun today is no different than what we knew of him before: He is a cockroach."

I agree with the assessment. The only thing I am unable to wrap my head around was how he says the collector followed protocol, but isn't the fact he strayed from protocol (albeit slightly) the reason Braun got off? I'm not saying the guy deserved to lose his job or that he tampered. After all, we all know now that Braun was (and is) guilty of PED use and the positive test was correct. Still, I'm having an issue understanding how he got off in the first place if everything was according to protocol. Was it a flaw in the protocol? And even if that was the case, how could the collector have gotten fired over a flaw in the protocol? Sorry, just slightly confused.

I agree with the assessment. The only thing I am unable to wrap my head around was how he says the collector followed protocol, but isn't the fact he strayed from protocol (albeit slightly) the reason Braun got off? I'm not saying the guy deserved to lose his job or that he tampered. After all, we all know now that Braun was (and is) guilty of PED use and the positive test was correct. Still, I'm having an issue understanding how he got off in the first place if everything was according to protocol. Was it a flaw in the protocol? And even if that was the case, how could the collector have gotten fired over a flaw in the protocol? Sorry, just slightly confused.

Perhaps the protocol of the collectors themselves deviated from the procedure outlined in the CBA? Just a thought on how those tow conditions could coexist.

Archived