Adam Jones leaves winter ball early?

GoOs3

Bigbird is a well respected member of this board. He provides very good information. Not sure what ground a person who has 155 posts and a 2 month member has to stand on. Tony and the mods do not tolerate trouble makers so beware.

I would guess he was making a very poor attempt at a joke judging by the ;) . After what went on this week joking in that fashion probably will not be seen in a very good light.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kind of like when Robinson Cano left winter ball early? Yeah i'm guessing that it's more important for him to be healthy to start the season and Seattle doesn't want to risk him getting injured in a meaningless winter ball game.

BTW, this GB vs. Seattle game is AMAZING!!!!

Cano's case was strange in that the Yankees gave him permission to appear in 6 games, then pulled him out after the playoff opener when they realized he'd already been in 10.

Jones' club is in first-place right now during the round robin semi-finals in Venezuela, so the timing is a little strange. Including the playoffs, he'd appeared in 25 games though (batting .316 w/o a HR), so the Mariners may have told him enough is enough.

FWIW, the Orioles may have told Daniel Cabrera the same thing. He didn't pitch at all this week, and his winter team needs him, having lost 4/5. Maybe ijoshyounot will chime in.

Bigbird is a well respected member of this board. He provides very good information. Not sure what ground a person who has 155 posts and a 2 month member has to stand on. Tony and the mods do not tolerate trouble makers so beware.

Wow you guys are rough. The guy wasn't mean-spirited.

He was making a joking reference to a comment by gurgi in another thread.

Espn 1000: Roberts talks are off

Views: 11,187 Posted By gurgi

Much as I hate to say this I am starting to think...

Much as I hate to say this I am starting to think BigBird should be banned as a troll and trouble maker. I don't think there is one person who post here that I belive less.

He was referencing this comment and backing BB, as I believe is the right thing to do, by making a joke of it.

Hey guys, no offense, but if Jones were being pulled from Winter Ball because he's being traded, I would imagine we'd have a lot more information about the actual trade at this point, no? It's not like an in-season trade, where a guy gets pulled from the lineup because he actually has to report to the other team. It's just Winter Ball.

Cano's case was strange in that the Yankees gave him permission to appear in 6 games, then pulled him out after the playoff opener when they realized he'd already been in 10.

Jones' club is in first-place right now during the round robin semi-finals in Venezuela, so the timing is a little strange. Including the playoffs, he'd appeared in 25 games though (batting .316 w/o a HR), so the Mariners may have told him enough is enough.

FWIW, the Orioles may have told Daniel Cabrera the same thing. He didn't pitch at all this week, and his winter team needs him, having lost 4/5. Maybe ijoshyounot will chime in.

Hmmmm. Kinda makes you wonder if any of the front office guys have money riding on the outcomes of those playoff games :)

Hey guys, no offense, but if Jones were being pulled from Winter Ball because he's being traded, I would imagine we'd have a lot more information about the actual trade at this point, no? It's not like an in-season trade, where a guy gets pulled from the lineup because he actually has to report to the other team. It's just Winter Ball.

No...This isn't how AM likes to play things plus, maybe some of the insiders just aren't telling us anything because of all the bs flung their way as of late.

Archived