Vs. Rockies 8/16/2013

weams

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep them off the board Wei Yin for as long as possible.

It's not Wei-Yin Chen I'm worried about. It's the fact that, even if he pitches a fantastic game, I don't think Buck will let him pitch a complete game. That means that a bullpen arm -- most likely Jim Johnson -- will make an appearance. Remember, off-day yesterday, so Jim is probably technically available as far as Buck is concerned. And we're not going to score more than 3 runs with this RISP.

I swear, if Jim blows this...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Aron Estrada starting to come around.  5 for 12, 2 walks, 1 strikeout over his last 4 games.   
    • The kid looks like a younger version of Jac Caglianone. Most mocks have him as a two-way player. He has the athleticism to pull it off. My son is headed down to Bradenton in August to start a post grad year. The folks at IMG think Franco will honor his college commitment but the 22nd spot bonus might change his mind. Would the O's be willing to develop a two-way player? Might have to completely re-program the Sigbot...
    • Yeah - he is fun to watch when he healthy and happy. Despite the myriad of arm issues, he remains one of my favorite players on the team. I got to see him bat and pitch in a game here in Colorado, (May, 2019) and the intensity he showed in that game — a bit of throwback attitude — at the time on a bare bones roster. O’s lost, 8-6, but he left the game with a 5-3 lead at Coors Field (Armstrong with the blown save, Givens with the loss), but I loved the way he battled and the enthusiasm he had on that not so good team offered a bit of hope.
    • Want to win every game but today would be truly icing on the cake. It would be great to have Mullins and Santander to break out.
    • Besides not walking many guys, I agree, Kremer has been getting pretty "lucky" so far this year. He's a bit of a gamer though and he's typically outperformed his expected stats.  Either way, I agree, he's needs to keep pitching well or could have some risk to being options for no other reason than to lose a pitcher.
    • Fernando Cruz is striking out 46% of batters so far this season. The Reds are off tomorrow, and we've kept Alexis Diaz on the sidelines by holding late innings leads. Cincinnati can probably look for the whole game from Lodolo, Cruz and Diaz as they try to avoid the sweep.  
    • I do think we're going to see Suarez gradually get more high leverage situations. He hasn't pitched in a bit now so I imagine we see him this afternoon. Let's hope not before the 6th inning.
  • Popular Contributors