The Cleveland Series

SilentJames

Actually, we did beat Masterson today.

When Masterson left the game, he was responsible for the runner that he put on first base (who eventually scored), so he got the L.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=330902105&teams=baltimore-orioles-vs-cleveland-indians

As they said on the broadcast, "Talk about adding insult to injury!"

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As they said on the broadcast, "Talk about adding insult to injury!"

Yes.

And on the Indians' broadcast, their announcers made it clear that Nate McLouth WAS NOT going to be taking Nick Markakis out to dinner anytime soon. Nick's baserunning gaffe not only cost McLouth a double, but he didn't even get a single out of it. He got a fielder's choice and an R.B.I., and his batting average went down instead of up.

Sorry but they wont beat Masterson today. In some ways he may be the toughest pitcher the Orioles face or have faced this year. Nearly unhittable.

Thats not reverse jinx stuff, Buck says so too.On to game 2.

Tillman tonight. He should be able to win his 16th or is 17th. Anyway I believe the

team is turning it around.

Yes.

And on the Indians' broadcast, their announcers made it clear that Nate McLouth WAS NOT going to be taking Nick Markakis out to dinner anytime soon. Nick's baserunning gaffe not only cost McLouth a double, but he didn't even get a single out of it. He got a fielder's choice and an R.B.I., and his batting average went down instead of up.

I'm not sure how much of a gaffe it was because MASN never showed a replay during the game or post game show.

What was up with that?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4.

I'm not sure how much of a gaffe it was, because MASN never showed a replay during the game or post game show.

What was up with that?

The Indians network did not show a replay of it, either.

The announcers were asking for one, but it never came.

Maybe all of the cameras were fixated on the outfield, since the ball was so close to being a home run, and they just assumed that Markakis (and Wieters) would touch all of the appropriate bases.

The Indians network did not show a replay of it, either.

The announcers were asking for one, but it never came.

Maybe all of the cameras were fixated on the outfield, since the ball was so close to being a home run, and they just assumed that Markakis (and Wieters) would touch all of the appropriate bases.

I don't even think they asked Buck about it afterward...then again I wasn't paying that much attention. I find it hard to believe that he didn't touch the base because I doubt he rounded it and then started to go back before going to 3rd again.

I don't even think they asked Buck about it afterward...then again I wasn't paying that much attention. I find it hard to believe that he didn't touch the base because I doubt he rounded it and then started to go back before going to 3rd again.

I don't know what to tell you.

This is an article about the play.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-09-02/sports/bal-inside-baseball-explaining-how-orioles-nick-markakis-was-called-out-on-baserunning-appeal-20130902_1_nick-markakis-buck-showalter-brian-roberts

Archived