Oh No Oh No Oh No (Machado injured)

JohnnyO'sFan

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So by let it go you mean stop saying that a tired player, got hurt on a routine play, after playing a ton of innnings the last few games/season.

Alright so Machado got rode hard and put away wet and now he's on the shelf with a serious injury. Yeah let's not blame our Buck who literally rides our guys into the ground. Well at least DD is winning with the "sweater vest's" players. Well except for Gonzo, Valencia, Feldman and Norris.

So it's ok to hate Mcphail but we have to not criticize Buck and DD? Two guys that couldn't find jobs for a decade?

Seriously? Even though numerous other players have logged far longer stretches of playing time without injury, it's Bucks fault. Yes he should have sat perhaps the teams most complete player in the middle of a playoff drive. Why do I get the feeling had he done that you would be moaning bout that instead.

If you can't see the change in culture between the McPhail regime and the Buck/DD your either blind or so biased that reason does not matter at all. Andy deserves credit for his time in making some good moves to bring in talent. Bottom line is though he failed to construct ONE SINGLE winning team. My guess is if Andy were still here we would never have seen the likes of guys like McLouth, Chen, Gonzo, Hammel, Valencia and others. Andy failed miserably at finding talent outside of trades or very high draft picks IMO

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Ok, I love the O's but it's time to disagree. We're winning because of sweater vest's players. Our GM and manager rode an unprecedented bullpen to a "PLAY IN GAME". Now they cant do no wrong. Like run Machado into the ground.

So just because I question Buck and DD you have to attack me. Well C'mon. Let's deal with facts. Who has Buck and DD added to your current team? Did Macphail assemble this whole team?

I just want to evaluate Buck and DD on results and realize we may have fired Macphail too soon.

But hey at least we ruined Machado by playing him inning after inning until he broke. And that sucks I won't mention Bundy. But what about our questionable management of Gausman?

I admit. Losing sucked. But now do we really owe these last two years to Buck and DD or to Mcphail.

Our GM and manager rode an unprecedented bullpen to a "PLAY IN GAME".
The Orioles won that "PLAY IN" game.

They rode the team to the A.L.D.S.

And they lost.

Then say that. Don't exaggerate and omit the truth because it suits your argument.

Oh so you have to get personal to try and defend your point? Well I'll take the higher road Sir. Thank about this series and all the extra running Manny had to do out to LF to shift more than the other regulars. Plus how many more innings has he played over his career high? But why do you have to personally attack me for bringing up this point? Just because you have 12,000 posts and I have 500? So I must just be a troll, right?

Personally attack you? I asked you if you truly knew what a "Freak Injury" was, I doubted that you did. How do you arrive at being personally attacked? I ask sincerely, because in all sincerity, I question if you know the meaning of "Personal Attack".

Were you in high school last year, because no one recovered from ACLs in 6 months until -- I believe -- very recently?

No, although it was slightly over 7 months, and it required I wore a large brace that season.

The more modern trend of ACL reconstruction surgeries is to use the patellar tendon, which is generally considered at full strength at 6 months, a little quicker than the traditionally used hamstring tendon. If the surrounding musculature has fully recovered at that point (no small feat), most players are cleared for minimal contact activities.

No, although it was slightly over 7 months, and it required I wore a large brace that season.

The more modern trend of ACL reconstruction surgeries is to use the patellar tendon, which is generally considered at full strength at 6 months, a little quicker than the traditionally used hamstring tendon. If the surrounding musculature has fully recovered at that point (no small feat), most players are cleared for minimal contact activities.

RG3= at least a year. Hopefully it was just a dislocated like before.

I really wish some of us would stop acting as if Machado is dead.

We don't even have a medical report on the situation.

Can we chill?

MSK

For real. I mean Christ guys, compassion for your fellow man? What a joke. I'm with you MSK!

And by with you, I mean what a completely (removed adjective to not attack this poster) post!

I have hope that Manny is not hurt too bad.

In 2011 when he had a left knee patella subluxation he was out about a month.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/05/os-prospect-manny-machado-done-rehabbing-knee-injury/

If you watch the replay of the injury Manny never put any weight on the knee after he hit the bag. He did not take another step that would have torn something further or caused more damage past the what happen when he hit the bag wrong.

I have hope the news today will be not so bad.

BTW, just my two cents, I don't see how anyone can blame anyone for this situation. It was an accident. It happens in sports. As was pointed out, many other Orioles that are older have played as much as Manny this year.

Exactly. An accident. A freak accident. He ran to 1B and slowed down as he neared the bag. That altered his stride and he came down on the back corner of the bag instead of stepping squarely on it. He slid off the edge of the bag and his knee buckled. It looked like his ankle may have also shifted on him. Hopefully the report later today will be optimistic.

Archived