Oh No Oh No Oh No (Machado injured)

JohnnyO'sFan

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching live. It looks like a break of some sort. In any event, it literally brought tears to my eyes. I feel bad for the kid. Devastating. Win or lose, this puts things into perspective. We can complain about these guys slumping, but in the end they are people, and I pray that Manny is okay.

You guys should have seen the looks on his teammates faces, especially BRob. Heartbreaking man!

My heart is full of grief right now. I honestly don't know what to say. After all these agonizing losses late in the season and now our beacon of hope, Manny Machado, looking like he is down with a serious injury!

TO THE ORIOLE FAITHFUL: I am feeling some pain tonight and trying to fight off depression! (I can't help it but my psychological well being is strangely connected to this team). Go ahead, call me crazy but if we ever win a world series in my remaining lifetime I will party like V-E day in 1945.

But honestly, this game is not over yet and I still have not given up on the season. But then again I was cheering our boys on in game 5 of the 1969 World Series so what is my optimism worth.

Going to have to treat this one like Roberts and just assume Machado is going to be gone for at least half the season if not all of it. Ryan Flaherty has played 3B some, so he can be an option, but looking at that injury I wouldn't expect Machado to play SS for awhile if ever again so there will have to be some adjustment there as well with the future of JJ Hardy. Damn shame for Manny and the Orioles it had to happen now, but at least you can have an offseason to plan around it for 2014 and beyond.

Going to have to treat this one like Roberts and just assume Machado is going to be gone for at least half the season if not all of it. Ryan Flaherty has played 3B some, so he can be an option, but looking at that injury I wouldn't expect Machado to play SS for awhile if ever again so there will have to be some adjustment there as well with the future of JJ Hardy. Damn shame for Manny and the Orioles it had to happen now, but at least you can have an offseason to plan around it for 2014 and beyond.

Poppycock!

Can you folks at least wait till there is a preliminary report?

Archived