Tinstaapp

weams

Danny Hultzen, the Mariners top left-handed pitching prospect, underwent shoulder surgery in Pensacola, Fla., on Tuesday to repair a partial tear of his left rotator cuff and clean up the labrum.

No timetable was set on the return of Hultzen, currently ranked No. 23 among all of baseball's prospects by MLB.com. But shoulder surgeries are difficult for pitchers and it would seem unlikely for Hultzen to return by next season.

Hultzen, 23, was Seattle's first-round Draft choice in 2011 out of the University of Virginia and the second overall pick behind right-hander Gerrit Cole of the Pirates.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/mariners-prospect-danny-hultzen-had-surgery-to-repair-his-left-shoulder?ymd=20131001&content_id=62303316&vkey=news_mlb

Regardless of what happens in his career from here on out, Hultzen is very fortunate in the financial area.

When Hultzen was drafted in 2011, he signed a 5-year contract that guaranteed him $8.5 Million, and the possibility of getting $10.6 Million overall. He got a $6.35 Million signing bonus, plus another $2.15 Million guaranteed between 2011 and 2015. He also can get an additional $2.1 Million in incentives, depending on whether or not he is able to come back before the contract ends.

http://seattletimes.com/html/mariners/2015920323_maridraft16.html

Danny Hultzen, the Mariners top left-handed pitching prospect, underwent shoulder surgery in Pensacola, Fla., on Tuesday to repair a partial tear of his left rotator cuff and clean up the labrum.

No timetable was set on the return of Hultzen, currently ranked No. 23 among all of baseball's prospects by MLB.com. But shoulder surgeries are difficult for pitchers and it would seem unlikely for Hultzen to return by next season.

Hultzen, 23, was Seattle's first-round Draft choice in 2011 out of the University of Virginia and the second overall pick behind right-hander Gerrit Cole of the Pirates.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/mariners-prospect-danny-hultzen-had-surgery-to-repair-his-left-shoulder?ymd=20131001&content_id=62303316&vkey=news_mlb

Isn't he Frobby's neighbor's son?

Isn't he Frobby's neighbor's son?

You have a good memory! His dad is a neonatologist (newborn baby doctor), who I met for the first time the day my daughter was born (24 years ago last week!), when he came in to check up on her. Very nice guy, and I used to run into him when I'd be out walking my dog in his part of my neighborhood, but I actually haven't seen him in a number of years. I never knew his son was Danny Hultzen until right around the time he was drafted, even though I knew Danny Hultzen's dad was a doctor. Somehow I never made the connection. Danny went to private school at St. Albans in DC, so I didn't realize he lived in our neighborhood. He would have been a classmate of my daughter's (yes, the same one) if he had attended the local public schools.

Regardless of what happens in his career from here on out, Hultzen is very fortunate in the financial area.

When Hultzen was drafted in 2011, he signed a 5-year contract that guaranteed him $8.5 Million, and the possibility of getting $10.6 Million overall. He got a $6.35 Million signing bonus, plus another $2.15 Million guaranteed between 2011 and 2015. He also can get an additional $2.1 Million in incentives, depending on whether or not he is able to come back before the contract ends.

http://seattletimes.com/html/mariners/2015920323_maridraft16.html

Hultzen doesn't need any of that -- he has significant money in the family.

Hultzen doesn't need any of that -- he has significant money in the family.

Apparently the "family" decided differently when he signed though....:P

Perhaps he has ways to dispense it - Greenpeace, PAC's, etc?????? (attempt at humor)

Archived