2008 Power Numbers

osfansince85

With all of the reports and allegations coming out, do you all think that the power numbers in baseball will decrease??? People always make the argument that the performance enhancing drugs were being used by both the pitchers and hitters..either way, what do you all think?

I personally think they will decrease...

I don't think you'll see much of anything outside of normal year-to-year variations. Testing started prior to last year. Nothing much has changed this year.

In the long run we'll see there were many causes for the offensive/power spike in the 1990s that continues to today. PEDs were just one probably small-ish part. Bat design, park design, strike zone size, and hitter approach are probably each at least as important as drugs.

I don't think you'll see much of anything outside of normal year-to-year variations. Testing started prior to last year. Nothing much has changed this year.

In the long run we'll see there were many causes for the offensive/power spike in the 1990s that continues to today. PEDs were just one probably small-ish part. Bat design, park design, strike zone size, and hitter approach are probably each at least as important as drugs.

If not more.

Classic moment in the last Al wildcard playoffs. Yanks-Indians, Game 4, Giambi pinch hits with one out in the bottom of the 8th, yanks trailing 6-3.

The Jake is filled with a raucaus chant of "Steroids, Steroids, Steroids"

Oops, Rafeal Betancourt is pitching for the Tribe.

Archived