Per Gammons: "Orioles culture... back to reality."

MemorialStadKid

Well, I would say the Orioles let the majority of them sign elsewhere while they sat on their fat stacks of cash. But ok, Garza or Jimenez would helps his team. There was a good number of free agents position players who would have helped, butt hey were "too expensive"

Garza and Jimenez aren't worth a draft pick. But to get this straight.. you have nobody the O's could have signed and still fill the 3 to 4 spots needed.. okay

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like how you had to make your yearly apology not one week ago and you're already name calling anyone who disagrees with you. I'd like more information before I declare Angelos the anti-Christ. Believable as it may be, all we have right now is conjecture... and no, that doesn't make me an apologist or a shill or a family member of PA or whatever new strawman you have loaded up. It's a joke if you think you are the voice of reason vs. Frobby.

Perhaps you haven't seen the insults leveled at everyone who believes Angelos is the culprit?

Selective outrage is awesome, but doesn't work well on message boards.

MSK

Well, I would say the Orioles let the majority of them sign elsewhere while they sat on their fat stacks of cash. But ok, Garza or Jimenez would helps his team. There was a good number of free agents position players who would have helped, butt hey were "too expensive"

David Murphy would have helped too. But the poster is mistaking what the Orioles can afford as opposed to what they are actually willing to spend. So that basically eliminates the Orioles from everything sold outside of the goodwill. They sure spun the Johnson trade well though. Actually had me going they would actually put it to good use. Hope the warehouse has one hell of a good Christmas party this year.

Garza and Jimenez aren't worth a draft pick. But to get this straight.. you have nobody the O's could have signed and still fill the 3 to 4 spots needed.. okay

Seriously? You asked to name a player. I did. How has the Orioles 1st round draft picks worked out over the past 20 years to make you think that pick is somehow the next great Oriole?

David Murphy would have helped too. But the poster is mistaking what the Orioles can afford as opposed to what they are actually willing to spend. So that basically eliminates the Orioles from everything sold outside of the goodwill. They sure spun the Johnson trade well though. Actually had me going they would actually put it to good use. Hope the warehouse has one hell of a good Christmas party this year.

This owner will never convince me that he hasn't made more money than the top salaried player on this team every year. The money that he has put into his pocket instead of reinvesting has caused me to never take his side.

Seriously? You asked to name a player. I did. How has the Orioles 1st round draft picks worked out over the past 20 years to make you think that pick is somehow the next great Oriole?

5 of the last 6 have been pretty damn good. But I also said..one premium agent the O's can sign. I named all the premium agents out there.. and the O's couldn't afford them and sign depth elsewhere.

Perhaps you haven't seen the insults leveled at everyone who believes Angelos is the culprit?

MSK

It's always funny when the insult card gets thrown at us. I'm still waiting for my remedial reading class to start. Though I'm not sure how that could have been taken as an insult.

5 of the last 6 have been pretty damn good. But I also said..one premium agent the O's can sign. I named all the premium agents out there.. and the O's couldn't afford them and sign depth elsewhere.

And what makes you think they couldn't? Are you taking their "word" for it? Because that would be a mistake

MSK

At least you can admit you are leveling insults, lots of good material for your next public apology.

This owner will never convince me that he hasn't made more money than the top salaried player on this team every year. The money that he has put into his pocket instead of reinvesting has caused me to never take his side.

No arguements here. Its still amazing some people can't see how much money MASN and the Orioles are lining PA pockets.

We were never going to sign Cano, Choo, Garza, etc.

People need to just relax.....

2B = Flaherty / Weeks

LF / 4th OF'er = Reimold, Lough, Pegeuro, and Weeks ( 2 of 4 make the team )

I don't see the Club spending $10MM+/year on a pitcher... while we addressed this issue at the deadline in 2013...Norris was added to provide depth to the rotation while we wait for Gausman and Bundy.... IMO I think Gausman sticks in the rotation out of ST... while other young arms (Wright & ERod) will get a heavy look in ST. Hopefully come May we will have some more info on Bundys rehab.

In 2014 the focus should be on extending a few players like Hardy and Davis to provide a core of players past the "two year window".... if they fail to address anything then we can continue to question the decision making.... but for now lets just all relax.....

Ah lay off the guy. He already said he would gladly apologize if wrong. That's more than the majority of posters on here would do.

I'm a kool aid drinker and even I understand this is a freaking PR travesty right now, even if the O's aren't at fault, which they probably are because Orioles. There's no way to spin this favorably until we see if Balfour gets injured or stinks this year. We all of course hope MSK is wrong, MSK included. Until then, history says there's something fishy about all this.

I don't have an issue with his message, I've just never seen it delivered so insufferably. Maybe it's time for me to take a breather from the OH.

Archived