Enough! Jan 11th and Still Nothing...

Rene88

no, it's not Dan's fault. When we go to spring training with HOF Reimold and punchless Urritia as our DH that is his fault. This was the year to spend some money and when I read Buck's comments about TB and seemingly waiting for bundy. and Gausman it sounds like a way to justify not spending money. I've been a fan since the 70's and come home for Vacation just to catch a few games but I'm not spending anymore money for this. We are dying for a winner and Pete does nothing as usual.

Spend money on whom? To some posters here, EVERY off season is "THE season to spend money". Most people that complain about money not being spent create the perfect unicorn of affordable superstars just sitting on the vine ready to be picked. Would you have signed Cano, Ellsbury or Choo to their bloated contracts?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spend money on whom? To some posters here, EVERY off season is "THE season to spend money". Most people that complain about money not being spent create the perfect unicorn of affordable superstars just sitting on the vine ready to be picked. Would you have signed Cano, Ellsbury or Choo to their bloated contracts?

Or even Tanaka for the silly contract he will get... :rolleyestf:

Tanaka has a chain reaction effect on a number of teams not necessarily in on him. E.g. If SEA signs him they might not have an interest in Morales. That would bring his price down enough for some team not interested in Tanaka to sign him. Same way with the MFY, if they get Tanaka they may not be interested in Balfour. SP like Garza, Santana, Jimenez, Arroyo and even Burnett will be effected by where Tanka is signs. And then the lesser SP will be effected by where these guys end up. Sure we probably could sign Arroyo tomorrow if we offer him 3/45 M, but do we really want to do that?

2012 sign Napoli DH

2013 sign Carlos Beltran

Both would have made us a significantly better team.

Hindsight is 20-20.

No it is not. Do you want to win? The O's knew they needed a DH last year and need an outfielder this year. No brainer moves that would have improved that could have put us over the hump to compete for a championship. I am tired of the apologists that are content with a "winning season." You had a chance to compete for a championship and you didn't seize the moment.

There hasn't been any activity on the free agent market since mid December. That can't be all Dan's fault

I would say just before Christmas, but yes, that is a very valid point here. That isn't why I haven't lost all hope.

No it is not. Do you want to win? The O's knew they needed a DH last year and need an outfielder this year. No brainer moves that would have improved that could have put us over the hump to compete for a championship. I am tired of the apologists that are content with a "winning season." You had a chance to compete for a championship and you didn't seize the moment.

We didn't need a DH last year until Betemit got injured late in ST. And LF is the least of our concerns this year if we don't add a starting pitcher.

Signing Beltran to more than 3/45M is nuts. And you would have had to better that MFY offer because he wanted to go there.

No I wouldn't have signed those guys but when you are as close as we have been since '97 and you instead go dumpster diving it sends the wrong message. I wouldn't mind having Arroyo and Burnett if he decides to want to stay closer instead of Britton or any of the other random turds we've had to digest over the last 14 years. Morales, while not worth the pick in some experts mind, would probably give us better production than what we will get this year from whoever is our platoon DH. Just remember PA apologists that our overall record since '98 is 1168-1422. Maybe Dumpster Dan can get Chris Hoiles to come out of retirement to play again.

No I wouldn't have signed those guys but when you are as close as we have been since '97 and you instead go dumpster diving it sends the wrong message. I wouldn't mind having Arroyo and Burnett if he decides to want to stay closer instead of Britton or any of the other random turds we've had to digest over the last 14 years. Morales, while not worth the pick in some experts mind, would probably give us better production than what we will get this year from whoever is our platoon DH. Just remember PA apologists that our overall record since '98 is 1168-1422. Maybe Dumpster Dan can get Chris Hoiles to come out of retirement to play again.

So you don't want DD to overpay but dumpster diving sends the wrong message. In other words, you want a high quality free agent at a very reasonable price...

e5a7_canned_unicorn_meat_parts_diagram.jpg

Archived