Why National League Pitchers will NEVER come to the AL East

weams

I do love the top four pitchers in our system.

Gausman

Bundy

Rodriguez

Harvey

Wright

And that does not even take into consideration MacFarland, Berry, Kline and Davies.

I bet you loved

1.Brian Matusz

2.Jake Arrieta

3.Zach Britton

4.Brad Bergesen

5.Matt Hobgood

How did they work out?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What does that have to do with us?
Txoriole said he'd agree that trading with a team that wanted to get rid of payroll was the way to go right. In order to get what we need, a SP, right? Well Cliff Lee is a high priced SP that Philly may wish to dump, if they tank early this season. Am I getting ahead of you? But so far the Phillies don't seem to want to sel,l they want to go for it one more time. So he is not available. CoC's point is with all the money coming in to every ML team except the O's, few teams are pressed to dump salaries.

I do love the top four pitchers in our system.

Gausman

Bundy

Rodriguez

Harvey

Wright

And that does not even take into consideration MacFarland, Berry, Kline and Davies.

I agree, there is a lot of upside with the top pitchers in our system. But at what point will they both be stretched out and developed to contribute 200 innings in one season for the major league club? Are we looking at 2015, 2016, or after that?

I bet you loved

1.Brian Matusz

2.Jake Arrieta

3.Zach Britton

4.Brad Bergesen

5.Matt Hobgood

How did they work out?

You didn't ask me but...

1- Loved him

2- Wasn't as high on him as the general OH community.

3- Loved the stuff was aware that he needed to improve fastball command for his stuff to play in the majors.

4- Thought he was lucky, didn't see him as a viable MLB pitcher

5- Hated the pick. Thought the O's scouting director got caught up in a great story and threw away a pick.

If you were a plus member you could search my old posts and find that I am being honest in my recollections.

You didn't ask me but...

1- Loved him

2- Wasn't as high on him as the general OH community.

3- Loved the stuff was aware that he needed to improve fastball command for his stuff to play in the majors.

4- Thought he was lucky, didn't see him as a viable MLB pitcher

5- Hated the pick. Thought the O's scouting director got caught up in a great story and threw away a pick.

If you were a plus member you could search my old posts and find that I am being honest in my recollections.

Matt Hobgood has never even been a prospect other than his draft position. Bergesen was a fast rising very low ceiling guy, even when he was good. Have no idea what happened to Matusz. There are whispers of pitch tipping. Arrieta is super. Except he really isn't. Britton got hurt.

Matt Hobgood has never even been a prospect other than his draft position. Bergesen was a fast rising very low ceiling guy, even when he was good. Have no idea what happened to Matusz. There are whispers of pitch tipping. Arrieta is super. Except he really isn't. Britton got hurt.

Britton couldn't throw strikes with his two seamer without it flattening it out. Major league hitters learned to lay off of it if it was low in the zone.

Even healthy I question how successful he could have been without better command.

Britton couldn't throw strikes with his two seamer without it flattening it out. Major league hitters learned to lay off of it if it was low in the zone.

Even healthy I question how successful he could have been without better command.

I hope the string theory helps him.

Archived