Orioles claim OF/3B Jimmy Paredes

Enjoy Terror

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok. Do you like Bonifacio? Better than Castilla or DeJesus?

Yes, I liked Bonifacio better than what we had already signed. But we didn't get him. Plus we had earlier passed on guys like Ryan Roberts, who also signed with the Cubs, and Nick Punto, who the A's signed. Instead, we end up with Paredas. The Orioles are bottom feeders.

Yes, I liked Bonifacio better than what we had already signed. But we didn't get him. Plus we had earlier passed on guys like Ryan Roberts, who also signed with the Cubs, and Nick Punto, who the A's signed. Instead, we end up with Paredas. The Orioles are bottom feeders.

Bonifacio is getting $2.5 million from the Cubs with a chance to make another 495k and a better chance to play than the O's would give him. I'm glad we didn't ante up for him.

The O's could get Jimmy Paredes and he would find a way to see the good side of that and convince us of his delusion. Oh wait.

I know very little about this player. I do know that I don't think Bonifacio is any good. Did I spin that well? You won't have found me longing for Bonifacio anytime in the past. I have no track record of mentioning Parades before today. I simply explained what teams sometimes do with these fringe types at this time of the year, when they have an actual 40 man spot open for a day or two. I have no idea if this is what the Orioles did in this instance.

Duquette loves to play this game. He has always talked about constantly looking of ways to upgrade the talent on the 40 man roster. So, what's the point if Paredes has no chance of making the team and will just be exposed to waivers again when he's sent down to the minors? Not sure but look what DD did with Cord Phelps. He claimed him, later dropped him from the 40 man, and got him through to Norfolk. I'm not sure the same can be done with Paredes but it is one angle. Many current 40 roster guys will be exposed if they don't make the 25 man roster. Some can declare FA, and some will have to accept assignment to Norfolk if they go unclaimed. I'm not sure who's who but Duquette has acquired once highly thought of players, most of who are still in the mid 20's. It is dumpster diving, but it's selective dumpster diving and pretty smart. We look at Zach Davies as a good prospect. Liam Hendriks was every bit as good if not better, and he's got more experience. We look at losing guys like Hoes and Avery and don't realize that guys like Borbon and Peguero were more highly touted and considered the better talents.

Bourbon and Pequero are much better than Hoes and Avery. Much. They are just not guys that we got fed the hype on for a long time. And those Nationals folks were crazy about Marrero for years.

I know very little about this player. I do know that I don't think Bonifacio is any good. Did I spin that well? You won't have found me longing for Bonifacio anytime in the past. I have no track record of mentioning Parades before today. I simply explained what teams sometimes do with these fringe types at this time of the year, when they have an actual 40 man spot open for a day or two. I have no idea if this is what the Orioles did in this instance.

Fair enough.

I think we should celebrate good solid small moves but I don't think we have enough talent to beat the Sox right now, and that sucks.

Fair enough.

I think we should celebrate good solid small moves but I don't think we have enough talent to beat the Sox right now, and that sucks.

I am 100 percent with you on that. And I don't even know if this is a solid move. As I stated, I know very little about the player other than that he was the center piece of the Yankees Lance Berkman trade back a few years ago. I am glad we have a front office that is constantly watching for ways to help the team though.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jimmy Paredes, claimed yesterday from Marlins, not here yet. He could be a candidate to come off 40 once Yoon is added. We'll see <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">February 16, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jimmy Paredes, claimed yesterday from Marlins, not here yet. He could be a candidate to come off 40 once Yoon is added. We'll see <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">February 16, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ah. Interesting.

Archived