Orioles claim OF/3B Jimmy Paredes

Enjoy Terror

Then why bother? Waste of time IMO, sign meaningful players.

To play in inter-squad Spring Games and at Norfolk? Who do we have as a third baseman in the system? Buck already said Ryan will not play there this spring. He is trying to win the second base job.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually kind of like the move. He's a project, sure, but I like our coaches and he's hit .286 before. Why would you not think with the right competition he could do it again? He's a stop gap and another roll of the dice, but let's give it a shot. He could be the next McLouth?

To play in inter-squad Spring Games and at Norfolk? Who do we have as a third baseman in the system? Buck already said Ryan will not play there this spring. He is trying to win the second base job.

He was claimed, needs to make 25 man, not likely, pointless.

I actually kind of like the move. He's a project, sure, but I like our coaches and he's hit .286 before. Why would you not think with the right competition he could do it again? He's a stop gap and another roll of the dice, but let's give it a shot. He could be the next McLouth?

He is 25 and was a VERY highly thought of prospect at one point.

Oh man, we're gonna have an awesome season! I can't wait! Jimmy Paredes, wow! I'm about to call my Orioles ticket representative so I can get me some season tickets!

What's that magic phone number to call for tickets ladies and gentlemen????

1-888-848-BIRD

The Orioles got Jimmy Paredes! They just put the cap on the best offseason of all time. OF ALL TIME! Jimmy Paredes son! Can you not WAIT to see this team the Orioles have put together? WORLD SERIES RUN IN 2014. It's over. It's over! No one can compete, this is a championship caliber ballclub. JIMMY PAREDES!! Jimmy Paredes is coming to town, people. Is it a coincidence that he'll be patrolling an outfield where Babe Ruth spent time as a kid? You know Babe Ruth's dad's saloon used to be out where the outfield is now, right? It's like the Babe is looking down from heaven and blessing Baltimore with the BEST TEAM EVER.

Jimmy Paredes. Jimmy Paredes! Just in case you thought the Orioles hadn't put the finishing touches on an amazing offseason to secure first place from wire to wire this season, they went out and got Jimmy Paredes. The cherry on top, the straw that stirs the drink! Jimmy Paredes!

I'm calling my Orioles ticket representative right now so I can get front row seats to see this team that the Orioles have so carefully built and constructed. You won't see another team like this one! I suggest you guys pick up your phone and call the Orioles to get season tickets RIGHT NOW. And don't get one of those dinky 13 game plans or whatever, GO ALL OUT. GO ALL OUT JUST LIKE THE ORIOLES DO. Get all 81 home games and clear your calendar for an amazing October playoff run. Jimmy Paredes! JIMMY PAREDES!!

1-888-848-BIRD

Do you work for the Orioles?:) it seems like it.

That's professional, claim him with intention of waiving him, got it.

No. And I find that insulting. A player can be claimed this time of year when the rosters are full and then be waived to get them off the roster and still under team control. Since Yoon will be our 40th spot, they can claim and waive. Since Parades passed through the entire NL and 2 thirds of the Al, it is a good possibility that the Orioles could do that. I was simply trying to educate you to what the reasons a professional GM might do what Duquette did. Since you obviously do not know. ;) I have no idea if that is what their plans are. Since I do not work for the Orioles.

No. And I find that insulting. A player can be claimed this time of year when the rosters are full and then be waived to get them off the roster and still under team control. Since Yoon will be our 40th spot, they can claim and waive. Since Parades passed through the entire NL and 2 thirds of the Al, it is a good possibility that the Orioles could do that. I have no idea if that is what their plays are. Since I do not work for the Orioles.

You find it insulting to be an Orioles employee? :) No intention to insult you, just seem quick to defend despite how illogical.

You find it insulting to be an Orioles employee? :) No intention to insult you, just seem quick to defend despite how illogical.

It really was not a defense. I don't know much about this player. Was trying to reason my way though why we may have wanted him. No third basemen in the system. Flash can't player there since Buck won't let him. No Bonifacio. The ability to claim and waive. It just seemed like the only way it would be of any benefit.

Do you work for the Orioles?:) it seems like it.

That's professional, claim him with intention of waiving him, got it.

Actually, it appears that you don't "got it". If we didn't claim him, Miami would outright him to AAA. Since we claimed him, if we pass him thru waivers, he remains our guy and we send him to Norfolk. Can play multiple positions and has a little speed. Basic replacement level utility guy that can shuttle to and from AAA if and when he is needed. Not a bad move. Zero reason to complain about this.

It's not a defense to explain the reasons for something to someone unable to grasp them. It is a fool's errand in this case, IMO.

Actually, it appears that you don't "got it". If we didn't claim him, Miami would outright him to AAA. Since we claimed him, if we pass him thru waivers, he remains our guy and we send him to Norfolk. Can play multiple positions and has a little speed. Basic replacement level utility guy that can shuttle to and from AAA if and when he is needed. Not a bad move. Zero reason to complain about this.

Got it. What's the point in posting I guess:) I simply just don't think we need him. Useless move.

Archived