Does Trout Deal Set The Market for Machado? (Update: 6/$144.5M)

TonySoprano

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not saying Machado will suck. My statement just assumes that he's a poor base runner and yields below-average offense in the future. Is he even known for running the bases?
What has he done to make you assume that he is a poor base runner and below average hitter? Of the 21 qualifying 3B last year Manny was #8 in BsR and 12 in wOBA. He should improve with the bat. especially since Cabrera is now a 1B.

Has anyone ever? Were they right to give that to Howard?
Doesn't matter it's the only precedent If Trout were to ask 15 M say after finally winning the MVP with his third 10 WAR season what do you think his chances of losing to a 10 M bid from the LAA? The odds are better that he wins the MVP and puts up another 10 WAR, than he would get less than 15 M IMO. LAA did the deal in part because going into arbitration would have put him quickly out of reach.

Doesn't matter it's the only precedent If Trout were to ask 15 M say after finally winning the MVP with his third 10 WAR season what do you think his chances of losing to a 10 M bid from the LAA? The odds are better that he wins the MVP and puts up another 10 WAR, than he would get less than 15 M IMO. LAA did the deal in part because going into arbitration would have put him quickly out of reach.

Losing to a 12 million dollar offer? I think he would lose. And he may not put up 8 WAR and he may not win the MVP and with power on the decline, the shift towards 40 and 50 home run hitters as the most valuable may occur.

Archived