Orioles had face to face meeting with JJ Hardy representative 3-4 days ago regarding extension

xian4

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> had face-to-face meeting with JJ Hardy's representation re: initiating extension talks 3-4 days ago. Hardy is FA after this yr.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">February 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You never know. It depends on how demanding Hardy will be, since I'm sure the O's are looking for a home team discount to at least some degree.

From what I've seen of Hardy and his time here, he doesn't seem to me to be the demanding type. They been able to come to terms before, so am staying positive that they can do it again.

You never know. It depends on how demanding Hardy will be, since I'm sure the O's are looking for a home team discount to at least some degree.

He likes Baltimore, he likes the team, he's not represented by Boras. I think the idea of being in one place for 7 or 8 years is appealing after jumping around to 3 teams in 3 years before landing here.

I like those odds. I don't think he'll be unreasonable. Something like 3/45 or in that range and I think it can be done.

I just don't understand the desire to extend Hardy

He is on the wrong side of 30

His offense is based on bat speed, the ability to pull the inside pitch for HR's

He is already a low average, low OBP hitter.

Although healthy lately he has a history of injury, and is always dealing with a sore shoulder/elbow. ( I bet he quietly led the team in cortisone shots last year).

We have our SS of the future (Machado) and may have our 3B of the future (Schoop) on the roster right now.

Just feels like if we give him a 3-4 year contract it will be Brian Roberts 2.0 (except when they signed BRob he was a much better player than Hardy).

Archived