Orioles had face to face meeting with JJ Hardy representative 3-4 days ago regarding extension

xian4

Chase Headley strained his right calf Saturday. He's hurt again. And Manny is your thirdbaseman. Find a shortstop if you don't sign Hardy.

I wonder how Manny feels (would feel) about that. Does anyone think keeping Hardy at SS, meaning keeping Manny at third, makes it

less likely that we are able to sign Manny long term? Not because of money, but because he will want to play SS? I really don't know

either way but I do wonder about it. All of these guys have egos after all, and SS is the premium position, no matter how you slice it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder how Manny feels (would feel) about that. Does anyone think keeping Hardy at SS, meaning keeping Manny at third, makes it

less likely that we are able to sign Manny long term? Not because of money, but because he will want to play SS? I really don't know

either way but I do wonder about it. All of these guys have egos after all, and SS is the premium position, no matter how you slice it.

Hard to tell, I am sure he views SS as the more glamorous position but he is getting so many accolades for his play at third.

I don't think we know enough about him to know if it would make a difference.

Manny won the Platinum Glove last year, signifying he was the best defensive player in the Majors. I'd say he is pretty happy with the recognition he is receiving at third.

You know what makes it less likely that we sign Manny long term? The money.

Chase Headley strained his right calf Saturday. He's hurt again. And Manny is your thirdbaseman. Find a shortstop if you don't sign Hardy.

I wonder if Manny wants to stay at third now?

By the way, I like the team we have and was just throwing an idea out. I don't think Manny stays once he becomes a free agent.

Archived