vs. PIRATES, 3/23 (Spring Training)

OFFNY

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Good info. I missed that on the broadcast. I don’t think we see Holliday until July or when his new super two date would be. Mid July/August/September is still plenty of time to evaluate him at the mlb level for the playoffs.  Mayo will probably get a look before Holliday is back. I think we’re going to see Mateo play more. If that faceplants then Mayo could be up before the June super two date. 
    • He's probably next in line for a promotion to Bowie. I'd like to see him a little more power from him for his size, but he's doing well overall.
    • I’m not regretting the trade, but .266/.385/.406 with awesome defense would look pretty good at 2B for us, where we’re hitting .164/.216/.240.   
    • Yup. They still have a dominant pen even after the Soto trade. Our pen is more Hope and Pray they don’t blow the lead. We’ve been effective, but not fear inducing arms like prior years. 
    • Wait... you're telling me the Nats charge $24 for a single craft beer?  A few years ago I was in LA and I got a Dodger dog and a beer (I forget what kind) and it was $20 and I thought that was extortionist. I was kind of shocked when the Angels were charging $14 for a beer, and FedEx was long infamous for $11 cans of Miller Light. $24 should make the Nats owners cower in shame. That's basically like a soda machine where a Dr. Pepper is $11. They might as well have some kind of huge goon standing next to the concessions yelling out "hey yous, the beers are $24. If you don't like it, get the hell out of my stadium!" I have heard that Atlanta is great for food prices. The Mercedes dome... thing... has the cheapest food and drink in MLS. I suppose the Braves are copying them. Good for them. Aside from Atlanta, this feeds into the narrative that American sports are for upper and upper-middle-class people. Others need not come. Which is fine in a vacuum, fine for some kind of economics class experiment, fine for owners whose primary goal is short-term profits. But what happens down the road when the fanbase doesn't really include people who're not making six figures? Or since nearly all US sports are doing this, that a significant percentage of the population just doesn't regularly go to live sports because it's outrageously expensive? Like I mentioned, me, the wife, and two kids going to DC United on Saturday and the total bill will probably be $350, and that's with discounted tickets and if I can park at Ft. McNair next to the stadium for free.
    • Who gets DFA’d today?  Baumann or Ramirez? Baumann went 2 IP and Ramirez only 1 IP. Baumann also entered the game earlier. Read into that what you will.  I think Ramirez has the best pitch with his Sweeper out of the two.  I’d prefer to see Baumann get DFA’d. 
    • The Yankees pen is legit and has been for the last few years.  They have done a great job at building bullpens and targeting high quality arms. Holmes is basically a right handed Britton. He’s nasty.
  • Popular Contributors