Orioles in 1st place

oldbird

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=32557593&topic_id=28033182&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Ubie

Tampa and Sox will get stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said at the beginning of the year the Red Sox were due for a large regression. They lost some key offensive weapons...and their starting pitching is hinging on whether or not last year's Lackey was a fluke or not (I think he takes a big step back). All that said....they'll still be an 80's win team. They are NOT a 90+ win team. Last year they hit on EVERY offseason signing.

Tampa was my pick to win the division. But the sheer number of injuries is staggering for them. Their rotation is in shambles.

It's not the number of injuries but which ones for Tampa -- a lot will hinge on how Alex Cobb does when he comes back.

Boston's offense is predictably regressing but they've still got the best pitching in the division, statistically. Lackey so far is not taking a step back. Jon Lester and Jake Peavy are doing their thing and Clay Buchholz finally pitched a good game yesterday.

Im not so sure. Tampa lost matt moore for the season and they still have a pretty mediocre at best lineup. Boston COULD make a push but I dont think they are legit division contenders

No they won't. Like it or not, this team is superior. Tampa is rail thin in any depth. And Boston is old and important cogs have been exposed as Nate McLouth types. Watch.

No they won't. Like it or not, this team is superior. Tampa is rail thin in any depth. And Boston is old and important cogs have been exposed as Nate McLouth types. Watch.

But the pitch-taking ability of the sox... Much more important than the pitch-hitting ability of the O's... ;)

I said at the beginning of the year the Red Sox were due for a large regression. They lost some key offensive weapons...and their starting pitching is hinging on whether or not last year's Lackey was a fluke or not (I think he takes a big step back). All that said....they'll still be an 80's win team. They are NOT a 90+ win team. Last year they hit on EVERY offseason signing.

Tampa was my pick to win the division. But the sheer number of injuries is staggering for them. Their rotation is in shambles.

Great post, spot on with the Bosox.

True about Tampa but Joe Madden is a great one and they always scare me. They will be there at the end.

Great post, spot on with the Bosox.

True about Tampa but Joe Madden is a great one and they always scare me. They will be there at the end.

If they should fall behind Price would go on the market and they can't afford to lose him on top of everything else.

I'm sure they can get more then a comp pick for half a season of Price.

The one thing that has me optimistic for this to continue is that this isn't a murderer's row gauntlet of an AL East anymore. The AL East has essentially 5 average teams. Each team has some gaping holes. Each team has a few solid strengths. Even Toronto has some talent, though IMO, they are the clear basement team in the division.

At the beginning of the year, I called our Orioles a high-70s win team and expected them to finish 4th in the division. There's a lot of baseball to be played. The Sox were a fluke last year. They had several career years for guys happen at the same time. The Yankees are old, but they aren't quite punchless as a few here had mentioned earlier in the season. The Rays with Maddon could trot out the Durham Bulls and still win 85 games and be competitive it seems (oh wait, in a way as injured as they are, they're kinda doing that now). The Jays are the only team in the division IMO that you can essentially rule out, both based on current standings (which still mean little) and the roster.

If they should fall behind Price would go on the market and they can't afford to lose him on top of everything else.

I'm sure they can get more then a comp pick for half a season of Price.

Price is gone either way actually.