Orioles in 1st place

oldbird

In ESPN 30 for 30 style:

What if I told you Ubaldo Jiminez would have only one win, Chris Davis would get off to a slow start and be on the DL, Adam Jones would have only one homer, J.J. Hardy would be in and out of the lineup and Manny Machado would have played only two games? This is the story of the 1st place Baltimore Orioles.

• Upvote 1

In ESPN 30 for 30 style:

What if I told you Ubaldo Jiminez would have only one win, Chris Davis would get off to a slow start and be on the DL, Adam Jones would have only one homer, J.J. Hardy would be in and out of the lineup and Manny Machado would have played only two games? This is the story of the 1st place Baltimore Orioles.

Exactly. Can you imagine when it all comes together?

You wouldn't know it from looking at the MLB.com page. All the headlines are Dustin Pedroia (he is in the rotating picture headline and at the top of the story headline) and Rays/Yankees. There is not a single link or mention of the Orioles moving into first place on the MLB.com front page, but if it had been the Red Sox moving into first, it would have been wall to wall coverage (maybe with five or six thousand more mentions of "Boston Strong" and a shot of David Ortiz with Jay-Z).

It's a long season. We have eaten 1/6th of it and have not played especially sharp, at the very least they have not played well consistently. It is certainly worth noting that there have already been several issues to deal with regarding every day players and nagging injuries. I am impressed with the fight of this team and hopeful that there is lots of room to get better. I do not think the Rays are going away, and the division looks to be tough. Proud of the Orioles to date and still think that our finish will depend on starting pitching, which has at times looked good and at times looked painful. Here's to being in first place! Take nothing for granted! :beerchug1: