Orioles in 1st place

oldbird

Looks like the Phils didn't get the sign stealing memo in Toronto. Man did they get wiped up there. Way to let the stinkin' Jays back in it, Philly. :angryfire:

To be fair, Philly has a pretty bad looking baseball team.

Baltimore needs to respond in kind vs the Astros.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this is somewhat of another reason to be confident/optimistic moving forward...

Beyond simply having a tough schedule to begin the season opponent-wise. We've played 6 more games on the road than at home. We're currently 11-8 (19 GP) on the road and 7-6 (13 GP) at home. It's not a ton, but leading the division while having more games at home than on the road moving forward is a good thing, albeit a small advantage that will be evened up following this next home stand.

Toronto lost

Boston lost

Tampa lost

And the Orioles can't pull away in the AL East because the freakin' Yankees keep winning!!

What's up with that? They were supposed to be old, depleted, and not have any pitching.

Obviously, someone lied!!

Toronto lost

Boston lost

Tampa lost

And the Orioles can't pull away in the AL East because the freakin' Yankees keep winning!!

What's up with that? They were supposed to be old, depleted, and not have any pitching.

Obviously, someone lied!!

I was wrong. Tanaka is great. Brian is healthy. Jeter still is awful.

17-9 since starting the season 2-5. With all the injuries, inconsistent offense, and starters that can't go deep in games, I'm being cautiously optimistic about how good this team will be once they get it all together.

Me too Bud. And not so cautiously.