Orioles in 1st place

oldbird

We haven't played a game yet with all of our starting position players on the field at the same time. So 19-14 is pretty satisfactory. That's a 93-win pace.

Funny you should mention good ol 93 wins... take a look at our 1-run record (8-3) and extra inning record (3-0). Deja vu?

ORIOLES .....20-16

YANKEES ..... 19-18

RED SOX 19-18

BLUE JAYS0.. 19-20

D-RAYS........16-23

What is wrong with the East?

I think the Yanks are in trouble, Nova out for season, CC on DL. A lot of pitching issues and their lineup has some holes. The Solarte kid can't keep this up. I flipped on MLB Network after the game and they showed Texiera barely being able to run the bases yesterday. Boston worries me the most because they haven't got their bats going yet. I thought all along they had too much go right for them to match last year and going with some young kids hasn't helped. I still think they are better offensively than what they have showed. I hope Tampa just keeps digging a hole. I have too much repsect for them to think they are finished but they have a lot of pitching issues, their lineup to me has always been up and down. Toronto is the real wildcard here. I have doubts about their pitching like most but they can hit. I think the Red Sox are the most complete team of the bunch. Injuries have impacted this division a lot.

We just have to hope we can get our bats going sooner than later. Our rotation needs to stay healthy.

I dunno, but the Orioles' luck is running out quickly. Played like crap against Twins, beat up on a struggling Rays team but still only won by small margin, played poorly against Houston, off to a bad start against Detroit.

I will be very happy with a 3-3 record the rest of the week. We aren't playing sloppy, just slumping at the plate.