Orioles in 1st place

oldbird

I still think they will lose Price this season.
Always thinking about future returns.

I think it may depend on where Tampa stands in the race as of the All Star Break. If they're out of it, it makes all the sense in the world to trade Price then. But if they're in contention, that's a much tougher decision. And while I am well aware that they have traded important pieces away in the offseason before, can anyone think of an example of a situation where they traded away a big contributor in the middle of a season in which they were contending? Offhand, I can't think of one, but I could be forgetting something. (I don't think it counts that they traded Scott Kazmir in late August 2009; Kazmir had a 5.92 ERA at the time and Tampa was 4.5 games out of the wild card and 10.5 games out in the divisional race.)

I am not scared at all of the MFY, they're operating on strings and duct tape. And Yangervis Solarte (?!?). They have little to offer in trade.

Toronto, now that's another story. They're the team with the positive run differential. They have the pitcher going for his league leading 8th win today (Mark Buehrle), and just got a legit shutout out of another SP (Drew Hutchison). They still hit the tar out of the ball -- all they need is to plug a couple more holes in their pitching staff.

Even if Toronto improves their pitching staff I think they're still going to be much worse than they are now. Buerhle and Dickey aren't the same in the AL East. Buerhle is pitching out of his mind. And 2/3rds of their lineup (Bautista, Francisco, Cabrera, Lind, Lawrie, Rasmus) are due for big time regression.

• Upvote 1

Even if Toronto improves their pitching staff I think they're still going to be much worse than they are now. Buerhle and Dickey aren't the same in the AL East. Buerhle is pitching out of his mind. And 2/3rds of their lineup (Bautista, Francisco, Cabrera, Lind, Lawrie, Rasmus) are due for big time regression.

How can u say Jose, Lind, and Melky are due for a "big.time regression" they are proven vets. Lawrie is pretty good as well. I don't think they are going to be playoff contenders, but they are a very formidable team.

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/MXlXEJrlF2U/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Side Note this kid rules.

How can u say Jose, Lind, and Melky are due for a "big.time regression" they are proven vets. Lawrie is pretty good as well. I don't think they are going to be playoff contenders, but they are a very formidable team.

Lind has a career 109 WRC+. He's at 151 right now. Melky is at 100 in his career and is at 132 right now. Bautista declined pretty sharply the last 2 years no he's back in prime form and is sporting an extremely high BABIP for him. As bad as the orioles offense is undeperforming, that's how many guys on the jays are over performing.

Once thry regress back to where they should be they'll be well below .500. Their pitching is atrocious. They are barely over .500 with 2/3rds of their regulars over performing by ALOT.

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/MXlXEJrlF2U/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The kid is trying to learn how to play ball early. :smile11:

What a stud!

Yankees- 23-20

Orioles- 22-20

Blue Jays- 23-22

Red Sox- 20-22 (Play tonight)

Rays- 19-26

Updated

Edited by Birdland