Orioles in 1st place

oldbird

We are unlikely to see first place again.

It all depends on the offense.

If they continue to struggle it won't be long before we are in last.

If they are an average offense they will fight for first and a playoff spot.

If they hit as well they can, they will spend the majority of the season in first place and win the division fairly comfortably.

Personally, I think we should add Morales. Can never have enough hitting nowadays.

Trailing by 2 runs, Y's down to their last two outs against Melancon. Ellsbury out PH-ing for new catcher Murphy. McCann now PH-ing for Brendan Ryan. Flies out. One out left: Brett Gardner. He bunts into a groundout. The Yankees lose, up only by 1/2 game on the O's--both teams off tomorrow.

We are unlikely to see first place again.
It all depends on the offense.

If they continue to struggle it won't be long before we are in last.

If they are an average offense they will fight for first and a playoff spot.

If they hit as well they can, they will spend the majority of the season in first place and win the division fairly comfortably.

Personally, I think we should add Morales. Can never have enough hitting nowadays.

Actually it really depends on health. The health of the other teams in the division and the health of the Orioles.

The healthiest AL East team will make it to the playoffs... and yes I said "team". I think there's little chance a WC team comes from this division... unless, you know... health.

NY Yankees 24 21

Toronto 25 22

Baltimore 23 21

Boston 20 25

Tampa Bay 19 28

Rays are awful.

I'll take my chances if we have to beat out NYY and Toronto. Still wouldn't count out Tampa, hope they keep digging a hole that gets too big. Boston had a lot go right last year, still think they are better than they have shown

• 2 weeks later...