The Reactionary Thread

Rene88

In the month of May, the Orioles have scored 40 runs in 13 games, prior to tonight. That's 3 runs per game. Meaning the entire pitching staff would have to be under 3.00 ERA to have a chance.

I don't know what the heck "Coolie" thinks he's doing for the guys. I know he claims they, on their own, decided after a day off that they were all strong and ready to knock the cover off the ball, and that's why they were unable to hit last night.

So what's your excuse tonight? Or any of the past 13 games aside from two 6-run "blowouts"? (do 6 runs count as a blowout?)

I guess I just have to resign myself to the fact that this particular set of scrap-heap pickups didn't work out this time. What a miserable way to spend an evening, watching yet another great pitching performance totally wasted.

And I completely admit to this being reactionary. I think.

Edit: Don't get me started on the quality of the bullpen this season.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The O's look to me to be in pretty good shape. We have three effective starters. Just need to find two more, get the offense going (the production from 1B, 2B, LF and RF needs to be improved), tighten up the defense, and improve the bullpen top to bottom. Then we'll be all set to compete.

The O's look to me to be in pretty good shape. We have three effective starters. Just need to find two more, get the offense going (the production from 1B, 2B, LF and RF needs to be improved), tighten up the defense, and improve the bullpen top to bottom. Then we'll be all set to compete.

Pretty accurate.

I guess I just have to resign myself to the fact that this particular set of scrap-heap pickups didn't work out this time. What a miserable way to spend an evening, watching yet another great pitching performance totally wasted.

And I completely admit to this being reactionary. I think.

Edit: Don't get me started on the quality of the bullpen this season.

Blame DD.

The FO had a chance to improve the team.

They chose dumpster diving.

MSK

I we had a healthy infield, I would say bench Manny for a bit. It's getting out of hand.

Yeah-what the heck is going on? I have no intelligent commentary to explain what is going on with him. Does anyone?

Even if he had non-tendred Hunter, De Aza, Matusz and Davis he wouldn't have had the funds on hand to polish this turd.

At the very least, we should have acquired a MOO bat and one bullpen arm.

That would have made some kind of difference.

Right now it's bad. Real bad. I saw this coming back in January.

I wanted to be wrong. So badly.

MSK

Maybe the O's need to blast this in the clubhouse one night and just let the angst flow and get it out of their system. It surely seems to be their theme song thus far. Beats breaking a phone box or destroying a water cooler. [video=youtube;BKaDCP-wKr8]

At the very least, we should have acquired a MOO bat and one bullpen arm.

That would have made some kind of difference.

Right now it's bad. Real bad. I saw this coming back in January.

I wanted to be wrong. So badly.

MSK

If you think subtracting the names I mentioned and adding Cruz and Miller would be helping things you need to look closer.

Or do you have a better choice of additions?

Archived