Angelos yet to sign off? ESPN

minnesotaoriole

You are just plain wrong. You are manipulating the so called "facts" to make your argument that Angelos is meddling. The facts are that even though the headline states that Angelos has yet to "green light" the trade, the FACTS state in the actual report that Angelos has yet to even see the trade proposal because he is off doing God knows what. So if you're gonna spout facts, then state the facts, not just the ones to make your argument seem legit.

It could be that Angelos IS in fact still a meddling owner, but until I see something proven, I will not listen to these bogus media reports anymore!

If he wasn't meddling, why would all these reports be out there. I am just stating what I saw on ESPN's top headline. I don't see the cause to be bitter and attack fellow hangouters because you are not content with what is going out. If you don't want updates, than just log-off. Lets keep this thing semi-professional.. no need to be so rude... BACK TO BASEBALL....

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This makes no sense and is probably a bogus report. The source is probably either Ken Rosenthal or Jon Heyman, both Angelos bashers...

I hope you are right, but Angelos has given his bashers plenty of ammunition in the past. I really hope the 4th player is Clement or Triunfel.

I thought PGA was hated by the rest of the owners and really had no "buddies." And if I had the money MacPhail has, you're darn right I would walk. I could always find another job in baseball.

After the CBA agreement he hammered out most owners love him.

Yeah BB - he does, ANgelos still needs to give the final stamp like any other owner would.

He let Miguel go easily, no reason this one won't go either.

This is just piling on by ESPN

Thing is that Stark's first comments right after the Tejada trade was that the most important thing about the trade is that it shows AM has control. So I wouldn't think that he - of all people - would jump on this if he didn't have a reliable source.

Guest oriofan8

If PA was to "yank" this deal....I wonder if the O's would ever be able to deal with another team in good faith...ever. Seems like a lot of work has been done, for PA to "nix" this now. I'm sure AM has spoken to PA, and would not have gone this far without an approval by PA. Wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

This is ridiculous, if he really nixes this deal and we end up keeping Bedard and Roberts we will have gone yet another year with establishing absolutely nothing in the way of improvement. It's really hard to not be nervous when PA gets involved.

Zep...and you wonder why you rep to post ratio is so, well, not so hot.

Might I suggest a chill pill.

This is a whole lot of drama. Just sit back and go with the flow.

;)

I'm not upset, I just don't see the point in what he posted if he doesn't actually believe the report. We know his opinion on AM and Angelos.

After the CBA agreement he hammered out most owners love him.

Interesting, I always thought he was the outcast. This is definitely not helping my stress level at this moment. I never thought I'd walk away from supporting the Orioles, but if Angelos kills this deal I just might...

Given Angelos' long history of vetoing trades, one baseball man who has dealt extensively with Angelos predicted that "this could get more interesting as it goes along" if Angelos has yet to approve this deal.

"One baseball man who dealt extensively with Angelos"

Gillick, Beattie, Duq............ ??????

Interesting, I always thought he was the outcast. This is definitely not helping my stress level at this moment. I never thought I'd walk away from supporting the Orioles, but if Angelos kills this deal I just might...

Take a deep breath! Breathe...breathe! :P

Archived