Need a new closer AND a new manager

vikkt

Come back after Hunter's 10th blown save. Hold on...I'll say it now so I don't have to come back..."Told ya so."

My post never made any statement about Hunter. If you don't want to come back to blather without substance that's fine. I won't stop you from leaving.

Just something to think about in regards to Hunter. In the AL no one has more saves or save opportunities than Hunter. Has Hunter been good? Certainly not. Has Hunter been overused. Probably. Has Hunter also gotten the job done? Yes.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rochester

Wow... I can't tell if many of these posts are tongue in cheek or not. A lot of less than 100 posters in this one... kinda makes one wonder :scratchchinhmm:

Anyway, I was only able to follow MLB last night and even without audio or video there was no doubt what the vibe was. I understand the rants - when I saw Cabrera coming my best case scenario was a tie. There are many smart people on here that knew closer would be an issue, among others. As far as Buck is concerned - really? Fire him? Really?

I do have some questions

If you replace Hunter and, say, kept O'Day in what do you do if O'Day is not available today?

What if O'Day started the ninth bad? Bring in someone else? and so on....

I believe that keeping Hunter closing is going to have the same effect as JJ last year - disheartening (duh). But I also don't buy into whomever theory. I could be wrong, but consistency is important as well. Is there/ should there have been a Plan B on closer? One can only hope.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck said that theres a difference between sticking with Jim Johnson last year and Hunter this year is that Johnson had a track record.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">May 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow. I was at the game last night and was really, REALLY pissed.

But now coming on here and seeing this reaction from everyone, I'm thinking...perhaps being pissed is a lot better than some of the overreaction on here.

Wow!

But now coming on here and seeing this reaction from everyone, I'm thinking...perhaps being pissed is a lot better than some of the overreaction on here.

Wow!

I saw a good size crowd and lots on orange on the TV broadcast, didnt see the announced attendance, but looked good for a mid-week game, while school was still in session.

I saw a good size crowd and lots on orange on the TV broadcast, didnt see the announced attendance, but looked good for a mid-week game, while school was still in session.

We took note many times of how large the crowd was, and into the game. Very loud.

Especially for a Tuesday. Great night...all the way up until I saw this on the scoreboard in the bottom of the 8th: "Warming for the Orioles: Tommy Hunter" :cussing:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck said that theres a difference between sticking with Jim Johnson last year and Hunter this year is that Johnson had a track record.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="
">May 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

@ JohnnyK27 ;)

Wow!

That's...uh...pretty dark, dude.

That is for sure.

Wow!

It's not Bucks fault that we have the 2nd worst offense in the MLB. It's not Bucks fault that this pathetic team is averaging less than 3 runs a game at home which is one of the best parks to hit at in the majors. This group of position players we have assembled are a complete embarassmsnt. Jones sucks. Davis can't hit the ball out of the infield. He needs to go back on steroids. Cruz is overrated. Machado is the most overrated young player in baseball. Hardy absolutely sucks. Markakis only hits singles.

Although I do agree that Hunter needs to be removed, it's the offenses fault that we have so many save situations. They are just playing like a bunch of bums. How many wins have we had this year where it wasn't a save situation? 2? 3? Bevsgdd we have probably had at least 5 or 6 losses where it wasn't a save situation.

I wonder where you get your info that Davis was ever on steroids? You shouldn't

make statements like that unless you have proof. It's being irresponsible. IMO

Wow!

Buck can be overruled by management. If he is that stubborn, he risks deflating the moral of the team and we really might be benefited if he throws a fit and leaves

Oh yea right. Would you have preferred Bobby Valentine? The teams lost 3 or 4

games and some are in a tizzy. Just mid-May buddy.

Which is pretty much what I said earlier this season when somebody blasted Buck for not doing what doing this to JJ last year when Oakland did it to JJ this year.

It's only money for Oakland. He did not close 100+ games for them during the only time that they had been winners in almost two decades.

Our hitters are not quality MLB hitters ...They cant work counts .... dont walk (Adam Jones the team leader)....And he's applauded and allowed to give advice to our rookie 2B.

So we shod start booing our all star centerfielder...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived