Rosenthal: Bedard Trade on Hold?

CrimsonTribe

Watching sportscenter now and Steve Phillips just came came on and was talking about the Bedard deal. He said pretty much eveything thats going on but added "Bedard could be traded elsewhere and not to the M's." So it looks like everyone is confused and not knowing whats going on.

Ahahah. Steve Phillips. The GM of "their team," why? Because he got crap-canned outta MLB. Talk about failing laterally.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But WHY would they want to sign him?? To put people in the seats? Fans do not take the field and play sub-.500 baseball. This team is in shambles, and extending a player that cannot help this team at all is evidence of that.

DIAF Angelos...it is harsh, but every man has a breaking point.:mad:

Maybe they have a deal for Roberts/Pie and don't want Jones. By my count, most here are not too high on the Sherill, Tillman, + Mib player part of the deal. Maybe AM thinks he can get his CF in Pie and trade some of our young pitching for a SS, 2B, and 1B. All the while keeping EB if he will extend.

Maybe they have a deal for Roberts/Pie and don't want Jones. By my count, most here are not too high on the Sherill, Tillman, + Mib player part of the deal. Maybe AM thinks he can get his CF in Pie and trade some of our young pitching for a SS, 2B, and 1B. All the while keeping EB if he will extend.

Here's hoping...because signing EB to an extension just because the owner has a man-crush on him would be further proof that PGA needs to go M.I.A.

While I think this may be extreme, I have wondered what personal issue is Angelos dealing with that he can not pull away and review a deal, and sign off on it?

Surgery or some surgical procedure is the only thing I can think of. Something where he will be under anesthesia, but not serious enough that he would need to give power of attorney to someone. Maybe a colonoscopy.

Maybe, he went in for a general procedure and they realized something more serious, hence AM's comment that nothing will be concluded in the next couple of days.

I know, too many "ifs". Probably just more meddling by PA.

"My dear frog, I am a scorpion, it is my nature....."

Who knows if PA will even be available tomorrow, or the next day.

It does seem like Pie has been rumored more recently in a Roberts trade. So who knows whats really going on.

Or maybe they do have that deal for Pie, and can't fit them all on the 40 man so they are trying to flip him before the Jones trade is finalized?

Or maybe they do have that deal for Pie, and can't fit them all on the 40 man so they are trying to flip him before the Jones trade is finalized?

Maybe, sounds plausible. The point is., we don't know what the heck is going on. Pop media wants to assume that it is PA twidling his thumbs. Maybe. But it could also be any one of these scenarios, or one that may have nothing to do with baseball.

Personally, if there were other ways to fill the positions of need and keep EB, I would at least explore what they were. I probably would have done so months ago. But EB did just come out of left field with his "I might be willing to extend" attitude.

I remember at the beginning of the offseason many were torn on whether to extend Bedard or trade him. There were an awful lot of people that said trade Bedard if you can't extend him but try to extend him first.

Now, this article mentions that Bedard may be willing to sign a 5 year extension. That would be sufficient to push the Orioles through a rebuilding period. Yet, it seems as if everyone is screaming we have to trade him. What happened to all of the people that wanted to extend him.

Also, who is to say this is such a great deal. I am not going to knock Angelos or AM until it doesn't get done and I hear what was offered. The rumored Churchill offer has received a tepid response from almost all on this Board. If extending Bedard truly is possible, maybe that is the way to go. (Note it is obvious from the weekend Sun article that Bedard had changed his mind or taken over the reins from his agent).

I remember at the beginning of the offseason many were torn on whether to extend Bedard or trade him. There were an awful lot of people that said trade Bedard if you can't extend him but try to extend him first.

Now, this article mentions that Bedard may be willing to sign a 5 year extension. That would be sufficient to push the Orioles through a rebuilding period. Yet, it seems as if everyone is screaming we have to trade him. What happened to all of the people that wanted to extend him.

Also, who is to say this is such a great deal. I am not going to knock Angelos or AM until it doesn't get done and I hear what was offered. The rumored Churchill offer has received a tepid response from almost all on this Board. If extending Bedard truly is possible, maybe that is the way to go. (Note it is obvious from the weekend Sun article that Bedard had changed his mind or taken over the reins from his agent).

I told myself I wasn't posting until this s**t was clarified, but I couldn't help it.

GET ME A WHOPPER. Honestly, who is more sarcastic than Wedge???

First, you can't rebuild if no one wants what your offering. Second, EB has known for months that he's likely to be traded. Peace has said on several occasions he doesn't want to resign. All of a sudden EB hears the trade rumors getting serious....... I was just kidding fellas. I really want to resign here. Its all frustrating and the fans want answers. That's all. 10 years of blind faith in return for something good isn't too much to ask for, is it?

We knew two days ago that nothing would be going on until tomorrow as per Belkast.

What's changed, other than it appears a framework has been worked out?

Would any other fanbase flip out like this? Histrionics, hair-pulling, threats of swearing-off the O's, personal insults?

I can't imagine folks at SOSH acting like this before a trade is made (or falls through).*

*Buck up!

Archived