Rosenthal: Bedard Trade on Hold?

CrimsonTribe

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll tell you what, if I'm Adam Jones and I'm sitting out of games for no good reason, I'd be po'ed.

Imagine how the Latin fans of his team feel. Their #3 hitter gets pulled in GAME 4 of the World Series, for nothing.

That had to be a real kick in the nuts for them.

Or maybe he's heard some other information?? Maybe, just maybe, there's a lot of smoke around for a reason? Remember, there's a reason why reporters have to put things the way they do and it's very doubtful that a reporter like Rosenthal would suddenly start ASSUMING it's Angelos.

All I will say is this will be interesting to see how it turns out.

That article basically amounted to Rosenthal saying Angelos stopped the trade but he doesn't actually know what happened.

IMO I don't feel Angelos nixed this deal. BUT if he did I hope we get a better package from Seattle. I for one wasn't thrilled with all the names being speculated. I want more sure things for Bedard. Again JMO

If he did, I would be shocked if there is another offer.

It seems that we have heard from EVERYBODY regarding this trade except for one person.....Bill Bavasi. Why hasn't anyone tracked him down for a comment?

What's he going to say?

Either a deal was agreed upon before announcement were made and if so, he's basically calling MacPhail a liar and thus ending any furture negotiations.

or

He denys it all and in the process pisses off just about every sports writer/radio personality in Seattle that ran with this story because they got a fed bad information from someone in his organization.

He is in a no win situation. I'm sure nobody is more pissed off than Bavasi.

Do angelos and AM really believe , in this day and age, that they can muzzle the internet. For god's sake get a CLUE.. You cannot stop the flow of info anymore. GREAT way to run the team, out of spite and ego, you pull these deals off the table. the insane circus known as the Orioles, continues on.

This is bs.

According to Bavasi, anyways...

Asked today about the reasons for Jones being pulled from winter ball, Bavasi said, "Adam Jones has met his goals so there was no point of leaving him in [winter ball]. He's been called back from the club and sent home."

That sounds like a load of you know what to me.

Something REALLY, REALLY smells bad here.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-bedard0128,0,7989634.story

Rosenthal changed the article. It now has this great new nugget:

"The reasons for Angelos' hesitation are unclear. However, Angelos' first choice is to sign Bedard to a contract extension, according to one source. The owner was under the impression that Bedard was unwilling to consider such a deal, the source says, but recently learned that the pitcher would entertain an offer if the Orioles were willing to extend him at least five years."

I never trust KR but this honestly smells of Angelos and his irrational behaivor. I can see old Pete saying: AM lied to me and Bedard loves the O's and wants to stay. He is the greatest pitcher since Jim Palmer. NO DEAL!!!!I will show AM who is boss. The worse part is he will find out Bedard wants Johan money and will then tell AM to trade him for anything he can get.

I just told my wife we are absolutely screwed until he sells the team. this is down as I have ever been on the O's.

If he did, I would be shocked if there is another offer.

I agree. You can only burn teams so many times before they'll stop dealing with you.

IMO, either the offer is already agreed upon and for some reason MacPhail wants it kept quiet until everything is finalized.

or

An offer was agreed upon and we are having "second thoughts" and if so, Seattle is going to pull the plug and stop wasting time, since they look very foolish right now.

Archived