Rosenthal: Bedard Trade on Hold?

CrimsonTribe

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, it's not dead yet....

He did say Tuesday will be the happy day, after all.

You know what's sad? Jesus Christ could descend from the heavens and tell me this franchise is about to make a move, and I'd still find it difficult to hold my breath.

You know what's sad? Jesus Christ could descend from the heavens and tell me this franchise is about to make a move, and I'd still find it difficult to hold my breath.

What does he know about baseball? He can't even hit a curveball.

My guess: Angelos is dead. That would qualify as a "complex issue."

While I think this may be extreme, I have wondered what personal issue is Angelos dealing with that he can not pull away and review a deal, and sign off on it?

Surgery or some surgical procedure is the only thing I can think of. Something where he will be under anesthesia, but not serious enough that he would need to give power of attorney to someone. Maybe a colonoscopy.

Maybe, he went in for a general procedure and they realized something more serious, hence AM's comment that nothing will be concluded in the next couple of days.

I know, too many "ifs". Probably just more meddling by PA.

"My dear frog, I am a scorpion, it is my nature....."

I honestly believe the hold up is that PA wants AM to make one last push to sign EB to an extension. The deal is on hold until they can decide if they can sign him. I think this may also be why Peace21's guy has been quiet. They are talking about an extension and he can't comment at this time.

Watching sportscenter now and Steve Phillips just came came on and was talking about the Bedard deal. He said pretty much eveything thats going on but added "Bedard could be traded elsewhere and not to the M's." So it looks like everyone is confused and not knowing whats going on.

But WHY would they want to sign him?? To put people in the seats? Fans do not take the field and play sub-.500 baseball. This team is in shambles, and extending a player that cannot help this team at all is evidence of that.

DIAF Angelos...it is harsh, but every man has a breaking point.:mad:

Watching sportscenter now and Steve Phillips just came came on and was talking about the Bedard deal. He said pretty much eveything thats going on but added "Bedard could be traded elsewhere and not to the M's." So it looks like everyone is confused and not knowing whats going on.

Maybe another team came on board

Screw Steve Phillips. I can barely stand the negotiations between the O's and M's let alone adding another team to the mix.

I have never looked forward to the end of an off-season more than this one.

Does PA need to physically sign something?

Who knows. He probably wants to sit down and have a heart to heart with Bedard or something like he did with Mora... which was followed by a ludicrous extension for a mediocre player.

There are worse things than extending Bedard, but this is absolutely not the way to go about your business, IMO.

Archived