Reimold Rising?

mdbdotcom

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
really annoying to have someone other then the doctors giving advice without any information. I'm rooting for him and i'm sure he's fully aware of the risks and consequences, unlike you

He had to have neck surgery. That is a fact. Why take a

chance with your health. I didnt know i would be upsetting anyone for my opinion

of retirement. You're way too touchy about Nolan. You offended too easily.

He had to have neck surgery. That is a fact. Why take a

chance with your health. I didnt know i would be upsetting anyone for my opinion

of retirement. You're way too touchy about Nolan. You offended too easily.

Did you feel the same way when Cal had his back surgery?

No. Just no.

We have heard this from Nolan's own mouth several times. He's finally healthy, he feels good. Then he puts up terrible numbers and the next thing you know he actually was injured. Do we just pretend last year didn't happen? If he was so hurt that he couldn't even hit .200 then he should have said something, just like in spring training. It's one thing to be tough and want to compete, it's another to be so hurt that you are clearly hurting the team by going out there. He either can't compete anymore or was thinking too much about himself (instead of the team) to say he was hurt. In either case, I cannot see where he would be a fit. I guess the logical choice would be Delmon Young, but Delmon is younger and cheaper. Delmon has been slumping lately and is having a ho-hum season. In spite of this, I'm not sure that Reimold could hit .273 or even provide the 672 OPS Delmon is, sadly.

Reimold is now 30. For those of you extolling about his defense (in spite of his career -1.8 dWAR), I just can't believe he has much to offer in the field after these injuries. I love rooting for home grown talent, especially when they are not first round draft picks. I enjoyed watching Nolan play several years ago but in more recent times I've felt sad for him when I see him try to play.

If he's rising at all, it's to a job at Norfolk. The O's already have Pearce, Young, Lough, and Cruz to go between DH and left. There is no place for Reimold, and nor should there be after year's of exercising patience and restraint with him. This isn't even taking into consideration if he'll either hold up, or produce, both of which I've no reason to believe he will.

Of course the one thing the offense needs is solid OBP.

Not sure why anyone would be opposed to taking a look. Lough is doing pretty much little to nothing. Pearce is just plain scary in LF and there is little to nothing in the ML

All that said, if the O's want to seriously contend, I doubt the guy who cant stay healthy long term is the answer in LF. Guy with Reimold's injury history only spend more time on the DL as they get older.

For those of you extolling about his defense (in spite of his career -1.8 dWAR).

I wish people stop using dWAR. It is seldom put in proper context. His DRS (from which dWAR is derived) for LF (the position he has played predominately, and would likely play again) is zero/average. Now, there is clearly a negative trend defensively, likely influenced by injuries. Also his UZR rating is less favorable than DRS.

Not sure why anyone would be opposed to taking a look. Lough is doing pretty much little to nothing. Pearce is just plain scary in LF and there is little to nothing in the ML

All that said, if the O's want to seriously contend, I doubt the guy who cant stay healthy long term is the answer in LF. Guy with Reimold's injury history only spend more time on the DL as they get older.

Perhaps the inspirational 26th man in the dugout during September like "Robby" in 2012? If he makes it all the way back - perhaps a "shot in the arm" for whatever's struggling at the time???? It's all good!

Because Reimold is a poor OF'er...and would be seemingly worse at this point in his career? You're essentially getting another Steve Pearce type in the OF with Reimold.

Pearce is scary? Cruz looks like he's practicing for the haunted house on Halloween if that's the case.

Just in Houston series alone Pearce made a couple nice running catches and threw a runner out at second with a perfect strike after playing a ball perfectly off the wall. SSS this season and his athleticism notwithstanding, for his career he's average to above in LF according to DRS.

Archived