Orioles have locker set up for Nolan Reimold

Greg

I certainly wish and hope for Reimold to return to his form of three years ago. I understand that he turned out to be a bright spot in the pre-.500 era. There were others that showed promise during those days and their luster diminished over time. Reimold hasn't had time to show us much lately but those that think he can return to his old form after 2 years old are overly optimistic IMO. Look at a young Manny and how he has struggled coming back from his surgery. It would seem that a neck injury(ies) would prove even more difficult. I applaud the O's patience with him and the financial obligation they made to give him a chance. I really hope for the best for Nolan, but he just seems to have this injury hex that doesn't seem to go away.

It's an organization we can be proud of. That is why Nolan is getting this chance. I do not look for him to have an impact on our season.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the lineup tonight.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nolan Reimold missed 2 games with minor groin injury, but back in Bowie lineup tonight.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">June 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In the lineup tonight.

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Nolan Reimold missed 2 games with minor groin injury, but back in Bowie lineup tonight.
— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve)
June 20, 2014

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yes, yes where he'll be good for two hits and a strained calf muscle.<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nolan Reimold has minor groin injury and missed last few games with AA Bowie. Expected to return soon. Baysox off tonight.</p>? Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="
">June 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Feel bad for the guy. Mind and heart seem willing but his body betrays him. Hoping for the best for him

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

SSS, I know, but Nolan now OPSing 1.028 at Bowie. Obviously, the .478 OBP wouldn't convert to MLB, but still... looks like he's still got some skills.

I'd love to see him back with the big club. They almost have to exclusively DH him though don't they?

I'd love to see him back with the big club. They almost have to exclusively DH him though don't they?

Considering his inability to play the field was used as the rationale for putting him back on the DH I would expect him to be playing defense at least some of the time.

Archived