Orioles have locker set up for Nolan Reimold

Greg

Although he's been better this year, I don't think that anyone would disagree that Nick Markakis is on the downward slope of his career.

Nolan Reimold is older than Nick Markakis...

I have no issue bringing Nick back at a reduced contract....and I have no issue giving a *gasp* 30 year old Reimold a chance to stay healthy and prove us wrong.

If Nolan fails again, so be it. But if he succeeds, he makes this team much better.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not disagreeing that he's still a longshot, but, strange things have happened...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Guthrie

I think there's a clear difference between a pitcher who was healthy but not quite effective enough to succeed in the majors (who then took a step forward), and a position player who demonstrated MLB talent but could never stay healthy for any lengthy period of time.

I think there's a clear difference between a pitcher who was healthy but not quite effective enough to succeed in the majors (who then took a step forward), and a position player who demonstrated MLB talent but could never stay healthy for any lengthy period of time.

Part of me feels like Bryce Harper might be in that latter category.....we'll see if he can close out the 2nd half of this season I suppose.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nolan Reimold has minor groin injury and missed last few games with AA Bowie. Expected to return soon. Baysox off tonight.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">June 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nolan Reimold has minor groin injury and missed last few games with AA Bowie. Expected to return soon. Baysox off tonight.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

Minor. Minor.

Yeah i saw he wasnt in the lineup the past few days this morning at work and was wondering why. How much longer does Paguero have.

I certainly wish and hope for Reimold to return to his form of three years ago. I understand that he turned out to be a bright spot in the pre-.500 era. There were others that showed promise during those days and their luster diminished over time. Reimold hasn't had time to show us much lately but those that think he can return to his old form after 2 years old are overly optimistic IMO. Look at a young Manny and how he has struggled coming back from his surgery. It would seem that a neck injury(ies) would prove even more difficult. I applaud the O's patience with him and the financial obligation they made to give him a chance. I really hope for the best for Nolan, but he just seems to have this injury hex that doesn't seem to go away.

Archived