Where will Reimold go? (Update: DFA)

Aglets

I think we are dramatically overrating Reimold's value here. Peguero is more valuable. Reimold can't stay healthy and can barely play the OF. He missed games in this rehab stint, come on now. I like him but geesh....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most teams that are not the Orioles find guys who have a good approach at the plate to be valuable.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why? Why more likely. I do not understand.

We are talking about $500K.

NY Yankees current payroll: $203.8M

Boston current payroll: $162.8M

Philly current payroll: $180M (<----- These guys just gave Grady freaking Sizemore a contract for pete's sake. He makes Reimold look like the Iron Man and that's an accomplishment)

Most teams that are not the Orioles find guys who have a good approach at the plate to be valuable.

Zing.

I'd call him up and trade Young. I understand the risk, but Young isn't a big loss and is redundant with Pearce. If Nolan gets hurt again, we need to trade for a LH OF anyway.

And it would make it more likely because of what reason?

Maybe you're focusing too much on the 'more likely' part?

The average MLB player salary (annual) is $3.39M. Reimold is making considerably less than that.

I guess I should ask, do you think teams are going to be scared away from Reimold because of the 'burden' of taking on $500K?

We are talking about $500K.

NY Yankees current payroll: $203.8M

Boston current payroll: $162.8M

Philly current payroll: $180M (<----- These guys just gave Grady freaking Sizemore a contract for pete's sake. He makes Reimold look like the Iron Man and that's an accomplishment)

But why would it be "More likely." Instead of someone for 250. Or 50K

I think we are dramatically overrating Reimold's value here. Peguero is more valuable. Reimold can't stay healthy and can barely play the OF. He missed games in this rehab stint, come on now. I like him but geesh...

Depends on the needs of a team. Reimold has proven that he can hit major league pitching when he's healthy (.766 career OPS in 1,056 PA). Peguero has shown little offensively in two very short major league stints (.506 OPS in 46 PA) and his MiL OPS is about 100 points lower than Reimold's. But he's a good defender who can play all three positions. If I needed a bat, I'd want Reimold hands down; if I wanted a late-inning defensive replacement and pinch runner, I'd want Peguero.

I think they will try to pass Reimold through waivers, or either Reimold or Young could be traded.

Maybe you're focusing too much on the 'more likely' part?

The average MLB player salary (annual) is $3.39M. Reimold is making considerably less than that.

I guess I should ask, do you think teams are going to be scared away from Reimold because of the 'burden' of taking on $500K?

Yeah, that's the only part I focused on. I was wondering if there was a roster management maneuver that I was missing.

Depends on the needs of a team. Reimold has proven that he can hit major league pitching when he's healthy (.766 career OPS in 1,056 PA). Peguero has shown little offensively in two very short major league stints (.506 OPS in 46 PA) and his MiL OPS is about 100 points lower than Reimold's. But he's a good defender who can play all three positions. If I needed a bat, I'd want Reimold hands down; if I wanted a late-inning defensive replacement and pinch runner, I'd want Peguero.

I think they will try to pass Reimold through waivers, or either Reimold or Young could be traded.

I much rather have Young than Reimold and not even close. Pearce has earned a starting spot, you going to take him out of the lineup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does his higher salary make it more likely he will be selected in waivers?

His salary may be higher then the MLB minimum but in the grand scheme of things it is lower then the majority of other options. Who is going to put someone making the MLB minimum on the trading block?

Do you think the Phillies are going to be willing to eat all of Byrd's contract?

Try to pass I think is the key. If he gets through, that's the best case until things sort out at the trade deadline. If he gets claimed it's not like we lose him outright, the decisions just get harder.

I like having Young on the team...done everything he's been asked to do and we don't have to guess how he's going to do against ML pitching.

Nolan has the (potential) ability to single handedly win us games though. Even if he ends up hurt again, he could snag us a couple of wins before it happens.

The other question is how many guys they want to keep in the pen.

I hope somehow we can keep him. I think he's coming back into form.

He may be no argument there. I see this whole discussion in light of who we used to be as a team. It's not shocking we are talking about a player who has been for all intensive purposes useless for three years. We're still stuck in our 07' 08' mind frame to a degree where anyone who can have a decent at bat is vitale to us. I'm thankful we no longer have to worry about players like Reimold. On a winning club players like him no longer tip the scales one way or the other. We've built depth where we have 2 or 3 guys like him. Hopefully a few more years of success we'll get out of that desperate mindset the losing put us in.

Archived