Really tired of Matusz...

Ed-die... Ed-die

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think having Matusz on the team instead over one of the other options for the next two weeks has much of a chance of costing the O's a victory?

I don't think it is likely. It is not as if Matusz blew a save last night.

I don't think he's close to being one of the top 25 players on the team or has been since we got Miller and Norris/Gonzalez have been healthy.

Will he cost us another game during the next two weeks? Maybe, maybe not. But I don't doubt that Buck will have to rely on the other 6 much more than he would if Webb was up. Hopefully the starters remain consistent and there aren't too many BP innings.

Why not go with your best pitching staff when the downside to making the necessary change is minimal?

And since when did you start defending the high priced LOOGY? :)

I don't think he's close to being one of the top 25 players on the team or has been since we got Miller and Norris/Gonzalez have been healthy.

Will he cost us another game during the next two weeks? Maybe, maybe not. But I don't doubt that Buck will have to rely on the other 6 much more than he would if Webb was up. Hopefully the starters remain consistent and there aren't too many BP innings.

Why not go with your best pitching staff when the downside to making the necessary change is minimal?

It's two weeks.

I wasn't excited about paying him 2.4M to be on the team in the first place but now that it is this late in the season it seems kinda silly to dump him now. Especially since TJ isn't particularly effective versus lefties.

It's two weeks.

I wasn't excited about paying him 2.4M to be on the team in the first place but now that it is this late in the season it seems kinda silly to dump him now. Especially since TJ isn't particularly effective versus lefties.

O's relievers with better splits against lefties than Matusz: Brach, O'Day, Miller, Britton, and Hunter. McFarland is actually the only reliever on the staff with worse numbers against LH hitters. So what's the point of Matusz?

O's relievers with better splits against lefties than Matusz: Brach, O'Day, Miller, Britton, and Hunter. McFarland is actually the only reliever on the staff with worse numbers against LH hitters. So what's the point of Matusz?

We keep him around on the off chance we face the Angels and he goes up against Hamilton late in a game? :P

It's two weeks.

I don't think it's that silly to field your best team.

And I'd still only want to pitch the guy I bring up.

True or false, Matusz pitches more than 12 more innings in his Oriole career?

False.

That being said keeping him around for two more weeks to both have him available and to keep him from other teams is still the right move.

It isn't like Webb could keep Brach from taking his job.

I agree that Matusz likely won't be with the Orioles next year, but I betcha he will be pitching on MLB teams somewhere for years. He's a lefty, only 27 years old, and he's just good enough to hang around in the majors for another 8-10 years.....or until his arm falls off.

He did not cost us that game. Our scoring only one run did.

I agree that Matusz likely won't be with the Orioles next year, but I betcha he will be pitching on MLB teams somewhere for years. He's a lefty, only 27 years old, and he's just good enough to hang around in the majors for another 8-10 years.....or until his arm falls off.

He will probably last ten years. You don't think the Yankees would rather throw him than Rich Hill?

Archived