Steve Pearce is...

Al Pardo

One of the many reasons that baseball is my favorite sport is its infinite capacity for surprise.
... a great teammate, he is with the team because he wants to be. I was shocked when they designated him for assignment and I'm sure glad he is here.

Speaking of surprising things. At the time it happened, who would have thought that Chris Davis' oblique injury, and the fact that it happened right when it did, would be one of the best things that could have happened to this team?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever magical pixie was following Davis around last year seems to have latched itself to Steve Pearce.

.338AVG and a 1.015OPS!? 1zoyb87.jpg

If I were CD I would be looking under my pillow for whatever hex bag Steve Pearce left :)

How long before what is now regarded as an anomalous blip on his career numbers, can be seen as actual development. Two more weeks? Two more months ? Two more years?

Yep...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long before what is now regarded as an anomalous blip on his career numbers, can be seen as actual development. Two more weeks? Two more months ? Two more years?

You mean, how long until we can assume he's a 1.000 OPS player for the foreseeable future? I'd say that might be a while. After 174 PAs with the O's David Newhan had a .979 OPS.

You mean, how long until we can assume he's a 1.000 OPS player for the foreseeable future? I'd say that might be a while. After 174 PAs with the O's David Newhan had a .979 OPS.

What a buzz killer...lol

Pearce didn't have a bad season in 2013, his OPS was over 700 in over 100 at bats. I think he can get 800+ this season, it's not unrealistic and he's not doing it with luck, his hits have been good ones.

Archived