Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

.660 Home vs .643 Away this year. Don't think that's his problem. I think it's the herniated disc in his back.

Historically, he's had far better numbers away from PETCO, though. I knew he had back issues, but that hasn't seemed like an issue lately.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One way or the other, Arod is gone. Book it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARoid is owed 61 M plus incentives. Not even the MFY will eat that salary. They may eat some of it if they can trade him. Stranger things have happened.

ARoid is owed 61 M plus incentives. Not even the MFY will eat that salary. They may eat some of it if they can trade him. Stranger things have happened.

Lawyers cost a lot too, but maybe less than $61M.

I though the McCarthy move was great' date=' he was my number 1 trade target for the O's.

This move I don't get. He's a good player, but he isn't going to get you over the hump. And it's not like the Yankees are going to extend him, they have A-Rod coming back next year. Seems kind of steep to pay for an average rental.[/quote']

Solarte is just not that good. He was not on their prospect radar before the start of the season, he got off to a great start and has returned to earth since.

I agree with ya here that its a move that likely will have little impact on the race but I can get why the Yankee's took a shot. Maybe you catch lightening in a bottle and at the end of the day the price was minimal.

I wonder if DD is going to make any moves at all. If no moves are made, I would be fine with it. I'd rather not give up anything of value if the return is just above average or average player. I'd be happy with an addition of Suzuki(kurt), LH bat or a BP arm(preferably LHP). I don't want a starter because there are not any out there we can afford and the ones we can afford I don't think they would help much.

Headley to the Yankees is a great move by the Yankees. Just the boost in morale in getting out of San Diego will revive Headley to some extent. He is only 30 (very young for a Yankee) and could have a monster second half, like Soriano last year.

But without pitching help the Yankees are still dead in the water.

Solarte is just not that good. He was not on their prospect radar before the start of the season, he got off to a great start and has returned to earth since.

I agree with ya here that its a move that likely will have little impact on the race but I can get why the Yankee's took a shot. Maybe you catch lightening in a bottle and at the end of the day the price was minimal.

Solarte is like Lew Ford or Daniel Nava. Not much. But tough. He had a week and a half. Until everyone figured him out. No bloodlines or pedigree that would ever make you think that he will adapt. Zelous Wheeler is actually better.

Headley has not had a good year or even last year but stilll he would net more then that in a trade. Dupaula was bad in A ball at 23 and Solarte was not anything special. I would say this is equivalent of Flaherty and Hobgood.

Solarte is like Lew Ford or Daniel Nava. Not much. But tough. He had a week and a half. Until everyone figured him out. No bloodlines or pedigree that would ever make you think that he will adapt. Zelous Wheeler is actually better.

Yup its a smart move on their part...not much risk, some potential upside. At a minimum he upgrades there D and to some degree allows them to say...well we tried. If we had a hole at third and needed a guy I would be ok with trading two comparable prospects for him.

Headley has not had a good year or even last year but stilll he would net more then that in a trade. Dupaula was bad in A ball at 23 and Solarte was not anything special. I would say this is equivalent of Flaherty and Hobgood.

Flaherty is miles better than Solarte IMO...much more useful to a team.

Headley hasn't been very good for a season and a half now, has injury issues, and is a rental. He had so little value on the trade market, the Padres had to send money to the YANKEES to get the deal done. The best you could hope for if you were the Padres is a boom or bust type prospect, and that is what the Padres got.

Archived