Blue Jays claim Nolan Reimold

xian4

Nolan just missed a HR by about 400 feet in his last AB to end the 7th. That was close.

Oh wow, is this what we're gonna do, point out every at bat?

Great, works for me. I am pretty certain that barring injury, the man will perform.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great, works for me. I am pretty certain that barring injury, the man will perform.

This is obviously a sensitive subject for you, but this thread is for following him now. He is an ex-Oriole who now plays for a rival. We can't root for him. If that pains you, avoid the thread.

This is obviously a sensitive subject for you, but this thread is for following him now. He is an ex-Oriole who now plays for a rival. We can't root for him. If that pains you, avoid the thread.

It doesn't pain me. I just think it's comical that depending on what side of the equation people are on will determine when people post. So Nolan goes 0 for 3 and every at bat is posted by his detractors. If he hits a bomb I'm sure CoC or I will be posting the link to the "mammoth blast." Its human nature....find the evidence to support your belief.

But if that's now the point of this thread, than we should take it out of the Orioles section and merge it with the other "following ex Orioles thread."

It doesn't pain me. I just think it's comical that depending on what side of the equation people are on will determine when people post. So Nolan goes 0 for 3 and every at bat is posted by his detractors. If he hits a bomb I'm sure CoC or I will be posting the link to the "mammoth blast." Its human nature....find the evidence to support your belief.

But if that's now the point of this thread, than we should take it out of the Orioles section and merge it with the other "following ex Orioles thread."

I posted his second at bat and I have never been a Reimold detractor. That doesn't change the fact that I want nothing good to happen to the BJs...and that includes success for Reimold.

This forum seems fine to me for this thread.

I'm hoping I can resist the urge and wait until he builds a body of work in Toronto.

It's his first game as a Jay. I'm pretty sure, like Nolan, this thread will fade into obscurity. In fact, I'm over Nolan, I don't care what he does in TOR.

I actually feel bad for him that he's a Jay. It wasn't his choice to go there, I'm sure he feels awkward and under pressure to perform. He's known one organization his entire career and now he's with one of the worst organizations in sports with a clubhouse full of jerks, meatheads, cheaters, and egomaniacs. Bummer.

Look, if he's healthy, he's gonna hit at some point. I think it'll take him awhile to do so, but we'll see. Young looked pretty bad last night in his pinch hit opportunity, but I maintain that pinch hitting and getting a few ABs every week would not have been in Nolan's best interest. He needs ABs after not playing for so long, or he's going to fail.

So here's to Nolan succeeding in Toronto, and here's to it not mattering and the Jays being the losers we know they are.

Life just is what it is. Nolan was given a ton of chances by the O's, but he just couldn't stay healthy. Aside from one season where he got off to a torrid start, when he was healthy for short stretches, he didn't really hit. I never had anything against him, but I don't feel for bad for him. He's playing in the majors, and who knows, maybe he'll hit 50 bombs like Bautista and Encarnacion after training with them for a while. More likely, he'll be out of the majors and playing in Japan or Korea in a year or two. Either way, he'll be earning a better living than the vast majority of Americans.

Archived