Blue Jays claim Nolan Reimold

xian4

By that reasoning, a player that hits 2 home runs, a double, and has 5 R.B.I.'s in a game in which his team loses by a score of 7-6 didn't amount to anything, because his team lost the game in spite of his offensive exploits.

Exactly, Talk about "nothing to see here".

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So wait, are we following him or not? Or are we only following him when he has a bad game? ;)

I guess my question is, are we going to follow him at bat by at bat during games? The Nolan Reimold Game Thread? Wake me up in a month and let me know how he's done. I am interested, but I don't need to know about it every time the guy has a good day or a bad one.

I guess my question is, are we going to follow him at bat by at bat during games? The Nolan Reimold Game Thread? Wake me up in a month and let me know how he's done. I am interested, but I don't need to know about it every time the guy has a good day or a bad one.

Don't read it then. It's buried in the MLB section where you would have had to come looking for it. Some of us really liked Reimold. I did. I will be following his games daily and observing his approach and health. I am rooting for him and his comeback, while hoping the rest of the Jays fall apart.

I agree to a point, but I was pointing out the hypocrisy that those who did not want him on the Orioles would only post when he did nothing, as opposed to when he did something good.

I have no hope at Nolan bites us in the ass for letting him walk, and I sure as hell don't want him to help the Jays win games, but I'm still gonna root for the guy, and I will point out at the end of the season when his stats are much better than Delmon Young.

justD says..."But you know he is going to get hurt. You know it."

justD says..."But you know he is going to get hurt. You know it."

Well, that would have had to have been the obvious and main consideration for not keeping him over Delmon Young. Still, it's hard for me not to root for the guy. He had the talent to be a very solid baseball player.

This is just dumb. The point is about Reimold being productive or not and biting us in the ass with Toronto. Don't care to follow then fine, but If he hits, they will eventually count. They counted today.

I'm not rooting against Reimold to succeed. I'm rooting against any of his successes helping a division opponent. Obviously, today he helped the BJs, which stinks.

I'm not sure how I'm being dumb.

Also, directed more to the masses...some folks are taking this thread really seriously. I was basically just goofing around. The only rooting interest that I have is the Orioles. When Reimold was in the organization, I wanted him to be great. He's gone, so now I want him to help our division opponents as little as possible.

Let's try to take this thread in the spirit that it is intended.

I'm not rooting against Reimold to succeed. I'm rooting against any of his successes helping a division opponent. Obviously, today he helped the BJs, which stinks.

I'm not sure how I'm being dumb.

So, you're going to point his good games that don't help the team as "nothing to see here"?

By that reasoning, a player that hits 2 home runs, a double, and has 5 R.B.I.'s in a game in which his team loses by a score of 7-6 didn't amount to anything, because his team lost the game in spite of his offensive exploits.

Exactly. Another example: By that reasoning, Chris Davis' entire 2013 season was "nothing to see here" because the Orioles finished tied for third and out of the playoffs.

So, you're going to point his good games that don't help the team as "nothing to see here"?

I don't play fantasy baseball. I do have a friend who is a Red Sox fan (so basically baseball illiterate) who does play. I already pointed him at Springer and Britton. When I heard the news about Nolan (he has Encarnacion on his team) I told him to keep an eye out and be ready to pounce.

If he wins the league he so owes me a sandwich.

Why are you so worked up? All I was saying was that BJs lost anyways. That is all that matters to me. Sorry if it came off in a way that wasn't intended.

Edit: Meant to quote CA-Oriole on this post.

Why are you so worked up? All I was saying was that BJs lost anyways. That is all that matters to me. Sorry if it came off in a way that wasn't intended.

First, we're not worked up. But that said, you posted to me the other night that this was now a thread to follow Nolan, as you and others posted his 0 for 3 debut. Then, when we posted about his 2 doubles in game 2, you responded with the "nothing to see here." If you're saying you didn't intend to offend anyone with that, I'll take you at your word, but you must be able to see the hypocrisy in your two statements on back to back nights, right? Anyone reading your posts would take it as I did....that we'll follow him in this thread and post when he's 0fer, but when he does something good then its not a big deal and shouldn't be discussed.

Archived