Who goes and who stays in 2015

wildcard

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick will be back , Hardy should be back I'd say it's 70/30 cruz is gone , I think Wieters is the one that gets traded in the off season I think Davis gets extended

This would be ideal in my opinion. Please move Wieters. He isn't resigning, he is overrated and we can still get decent value even with the injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope Cruz' date=' Hardy, and Markakis aren't all extended. The back end of those contracts aren't going to be pretty.[/quote']

So would you just let 1/3 of our lineup walk away? And replace them with what?

Truth is, we probably will lose some of those three, because the market for corner outfielders and shortstops will be a seller's market this winter. I'm certainly not optimistic that we are going to do better than we'd do by extending these guys.

This raises an interesting question. I'm wondering if more fans would rather see Wieters back next year over Cruz. I think trading Wieters frees up the money need to resign Cruz and I don't believe the O's can afford Cruz otherwise. I'm in favor of trading Wieters and freeing up the money.

The O's have proven that they can compete without Wieters this year. His bat is overrated, his arm won't be what it was and his "game calling" obviously isnt that big of a deal with our starters doing just fine w/o him. However, if roles were reversed with Cruz on DL and Wieters healthy I think we would be sellers right now. Trade Wieters before he walks and get something for him. I agree to use the Wieters money to extend Cruz. Boras will be asking for the moon for Wieters anyway...

2015 Chen- $4.75M Team Option, $372k Buyout

Right now i bet this is gonna be hard on the Orioles.

You don't want to pay the O's best pitcher (2nd best if you include Gausman) $4.75M but you want to give an old, terrible defender who's only going to get worse and will never hit as well as he did in the first two months of this season ever again a 3-year contract at more than $18M/year? That's ridiculous.

Going to be a very interesting offseason, for sure.

I'd give Cruz the QO, hope he doesn't take it and let him walk.

Obviously you decline the option on Markakis, I'd try to re-sign him to a friendlier contract for 3 years.

Hardy is a tough one. Does so many good things at SS. You figure the range is going to start going soon if it hasn't already. I think you'll see the power come back a bit over the 2nd half of the season. I'd like to see an attempt to resign him for 3 years, but will have to trust Dan and Buck on this one.

Do people think that Gonzalez could handle closing in 2015? Britton may be an attractive trade chip used to acquire a bat. You'd still have a rotation of Tillman, Gausman, Chen, Norris, and Jimenez with Bundy knocking on the door.

Also, I wouldn't hesitate moving Davis to LF if they have a better chance at getting a 1b man over a corner outfielder.

I agree with your first two opinions, but for me, you try and resign Hardy as long as the numbers dont get stupid.

I don't understand why people are so unwilling to let Machado take over at SS. Machado is already a much better hitter than Hardy and he should continue to get better as Hardy declines. Machado may not be as good defensively right now, but the offense makes up for that and Hardy will begin to decline defensively soon too. Even with the poor start to the season, only Tulo, Hanley, and Jhonny Peralta have had significantly better offensive numbers at SS than Manny has.

Tillman 4m, Britton 4m, Gonzo 3.5m will all be in their first year of arbitration. That increases the payroll.

Trading or non tendering Hundley, Hunter and Matusz plus letting Cruz and Young walk helps keep the payroll about where it is. I have them at 109m with Jimenez's deferred money included.

That has them adding a DH, 4th OF and a bench guy with 0-3 year players that will be in the 500K range. If Walker hits at AAA he may be the DH.

I have Bundy, Gausman, Brach and McFarland all on the pitching staff. Letting Hunter and Matusz go helps make room. Some of the starters will be in the pen.

I love the deep pitching staff.

Tillman, Chen, Jimenez, Norris with (Gonzo, Gausman and Bundy having options)

Britton, O'Day, Webb, Brach with (McFarland having options)

Archived