vs. ANGELS, 7/23

OFFNY

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm certainly not watching games with the expectation that they are going to lose.

But it's baseball. Even if we are a great team we are going to lose 38% of our games, and it stands to reason that we'll lose a higher % than that when we are facing the top teams in the league on the road.

Yeah, I hated blowing the first game.

Basically you are upset about one position tonight... Lough getting a very rare start in left, a lefty hitter, and giving a day of rest to a RH Pearce against a tough righty. I mean it's not Buck's fault Manny is out, and no matter who plays 2B or C it is going to be a fairly weak hitter. A good manager finds spots to get his bench guys into games. If Lough was playing nearly every day like he was early in the year I'd be pissed too, but when was his last start? He is better defensively than Pearce and worse offensively, to me it's just as likely that Lough could save us a run with this glove as it is Pearce could add one with his bat.

Socal already pointed it out, but...Lough batting second? And Pearce is actually pretty good with the glove. Going back to odds, I think Pearce stands a better chance of helping the O's win a game than does Lough, defensive prowess notwithstanding.

Either way, I'll be disappointed if they lose this game regardless of how the rest of the series went. Maintain the division lead where it is, and drive home the final nail for the Angels.

Also, since we've mentioned odds a few times now, the O's face Iwakuma AND King Felix in Seattle. This game's pretty important.

Weaver is such a junk baller. You'd think teams would be able to hammer him.

Am I misremembering or was he a lot harder thrower when he came up? Or am I confusing him with his older brother? Or am I just completely wrong?

Archived