Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rochester

The Kelly/Craig deal for Lackey is an excellent one for the Sawx, but am I the only one that doesn't that neither Kelly or Craig tips any balance in the AL East? Excellent but not a "landslide" as Bowden says IMO.

How is he a major upgrade at 2b? He's been in the league for 7-8 years and has a .666 OPS. I suppose he's a mild upgrade over Schoop or Flaherty, but he can't be worth an additional win over the next two months.

Getting a 2 WAR guy to replace players who have pretty much accounted for nothing is a good upgrade, in my opinion. At least it won't be a black hole over there.

I think people think Joe Kelly and Allen Craig is a much bigger haul than it really is. I am not in love with this. Don't forget that their numbers aren't great this year and that they are also going to be coming to a league that is going to be tougher to hit and pitch in...

Not sold

I think people think Joe Kelly and Allen Craig is a much bigger haul than it really is. I am not in love with this. Don't forget that their numbers aren't great this year and that they are also going to be coming to a league that is going to be tougher to hit and pitch in...

Not sold

We shall see on Kelly, I think Craig is a good pick-up for Lackey alone. He is struggling this year, but he has four years of .800 OPS, if he is healthy it is a good trade.

Archived