Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are trying to win now, why deal Cespedes and Gomes for Lester? This deal makes little sense to me from an A's or Red Sox perspective. I want prospects not ML ready projects with very limited ability to be retained.

Gomes goes with Lester to the A's. There are no projects in this deal. They are all ML ballplayers.

Sounds like Miller is going to Tigers.. Dang, Would be a great addition to the pen.

Would have costed us a top pitching prospect or someone like Schoop. Our pen is solid and I think we will make a smarter deal (maybe deal our comp pick).

If the price of two months of Lester is a full year of Cespedes, imagine what the price for David Price will be. Great move for the Sox if they can sign a pitcher in the offseason.

They'll need to sign more than one. Other than De La Rosa, I'm not sure who will be starting for them next year.

Cespedes for 2months of Lester when he will prob resign with the Sox? Id say that's a good deal for the Sox.

How often does that actually happen? Especially with big name guys? I remember it happening with Harold Baines, but there is a reason the Sox couldn't extend Lester. He said the right things, but I think it is unlikely he resigns, particularly if they offended him with their offer. I think the A's won that deal.

If the price of two months of Lester is a full year of Cespedes, imagine what the price for David Price will be. Great move for the Sox if they can sign a pitcher in the offseason.

So the Red Sox reload for a single year run with Cespedes or give him a huge deal? They can take it, but I am not calling this type of deal by a last place team a great deal.

Gomes goes with Lester to the A's. There are no projects in this deal. They are all ML ballplayers.

Yeah, not a good trade by either side. I stand by that. Doesn't Oakland have one of the best team ERA's in baseball? If so, why trade offensive for another arm (even a good one)? They rented Lester. Boston rented Cespedes for this season and next.

So the Red Sox reload for a single year run with Cespedes or give him a huge deal? They can take it, but I am not calling this type of deal by a last place team a great deal.

When they re-sign Lester in the off-season it is like they traded Cespedes for Gomes. Would you call that bad?

Archived