Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tigers are NOT getting Andrew Miller</p>— Gordon Edes (@GordonEdes) <a href="

">July 31, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Roch and Connolly were right. It was apparently never close. Not sure why posters rail on these guys because they report what they are hearing and/or not hearing. These guys end up being right more often than the others.

Do you mind that Our Front Office has No Leaks?

IDK, could you imagine having David Price as your #2 or even #3?

If he goes to LA, O's really don't have to concern themselves with him, much. Wouldn't see him this year unless they met in the WS, and then you've only got to beat him once.

If he stayed in the NL, all the better. Who cares how many games he wins over there?

Would like to be a fly on the wall in the clubhouse this afternoon.

Have to think that if the deadline comes and goes without a move, Buck and Dan give a rousing talk to our birds.

"We believe in YOU..."

Price is controllable through 2015 so it's not just two months. What would you give up? Bundy, Chen, and Berry?

How far off would a Price and Zobrist for Bundy, EdRod, Schoop, Gonzalez and comp balance pick be?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tigers are NOT getting Andrew Miller</p>? Gordon Edes (@GordonEdes) <a href="

Think Berry and another prospect would get us Miller?

How far off would a Price and Zobrist for Bundy, EdRod, Schoop, Gonzalez and comp balance pick be?

I'd imagine not terribly far, and I might be okay with that if we can guarantee keeping any of them beyond next year.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tigers are NOT getting Andrew Miller</p>— Gordon Edes (@GordonEdes) <a href="

Good news. Hopefully we still have a shot at acquiring him.

If he goes to LA, O's really don't have to concern themselves with him, much. Wouldn't see him this year unless they met in the WS, and then you've only got to beat him once.

If he stayed in the NL, all the better. Who cares how many games he wins over there?

For Claude Osteen, the hitters he would stare at from the mound weren't the only competition he faced when he was a member of the 1966 Los Angeles Dodger rotation. That's the one that featured three future Hall of Famers: Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale, and Don Sutton.

Why is their fault that there's nothing to report. The Orioles are mentioned as in on lots of players, its just that they are unwilling to give up anything of value to get a deal done. How are you supposed to make a meaningful trade when you announce all your players that would interest other teams are off the table? Looks like they are taking the same approach as free agency. Wait until other teams make deals and pick over the leftovers at the last minute looking for cheap deals. Will it work? We'll see in 2 hours.

I don't think they're unwilling to give up anything of value, personally. But DD has been very up front about our philosophy. We will build mostly from within with players like Bundy, Harvey, et al. Also, our rotation is solid right now, and we have depth in Ubaldo and possibly Wright and company.

We can afford to be smart and wait for the right deal at this point. When we sucked, I would have felt just like you right now. But I honestly have no sense that Dan isn't working the phones like a madman. And no, he's not nearly as conservative as Andy MacPhail.

I think he'll play this whole thing just right. We really only need a few secondary pieces to fill out this roster - I would say a lefty DH, perhaps, a 2nd baseman and that's about it. Cruz has been decent in left field.

I do think our bench could be improved. That won't require any major trades.

If you think about it, the only reason to trade for a starting pitcher is if he can significantly improve your rotation right away. There aren't any starters I know of who are available, won't cost us the farm system and fit that bill. So I'm not surprised at the lack of action so far.

Archived