Jimenez getting booed on Sunday.

Snutchy

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So... This is a first amendment problem. You weren't the bully - just the kid who watched and laughed at the kid getting bullied.

Pretty sure a grown man being booed isn't the same as a child being bullied.

For the record, sometimes I watched the bully, sometimes I was the bully, sometimes I was bullied.

That is how it was when I grew up.

Not that you bothered to ask before making accusations.

Pretty sure a grown man being booed isn't the same as a child being bullied.

For the record, sometimes I watched the bully, sometimes I was the bully, sometimes I was bullied.

That is how it was when I grew up.

Not that you bothered to ask before making accusations.

Regardless if whether I asked... You confirmed I was right.

And you are right... It is different. We are adults now - can't we have higher expectations for adult fans?

Regardless if whether I asked... You confirmed I was right.

And you are right... It is different. We are adults now - can't we have higher expectations for adult fans?

No, I didn't. You might want to read more carefully.

You accused me of standing by and laughing. I didn't admit to that.

And I also most certainly do not equate booing a professional athelete with bullying a child.

Now I wouldn't condone the use of racial slurs or profanity but that isn't what we are talking about.

No, I didn't. You might want to read more carefully.

You accused me of standing by and laughing. I didn't admit to that.

And I also most certainly do not equate booing a professional athelete with bullying a child.

Now I wouldn't condone the use of racial slurs or profanity but that isn't what we are talking about.

Ok... You didn't laugh. I apologize.

IMO... A booing fan in the stands IS much like a bully. 99% of the fans would never boo an athlete to his face. It is like a bully who would never picks on someone the same size or bigger.

Ok... You didn't laugh. I apologize.

IMO... A booing fan in the stands IS much like a bully. 99% of the fans would never boo an athlete to his face. It is like a bully who would never picks on someone the same size or bigger.

Full grown adults should be properly equipped to deal with the phenomenon.

I99% of the fans would never boo an athlete to his face. It is like a bully who would never picks on someone the same size or bigger.

And 99% of people wouldn't say to people's faces what they say on Internet message boards. Anonymity is a powerful thing.

It's not necessarily right; it's just how things are.

And 99% of people wouldn't say to people's faces what they say on Internet message boards. Anonymity is a powerful thing.

It's not necessarily right; it's just how things are.

Yup... Guilty with saying to Can that he laughed at kids getting bullied.

When was the last time you booed a barista?

I have never seen a barista getting paid millions for a few dozen hours of work while performing poorly (way below what he has shown capable of in the past ) but if I had I would feel booing was well justified. So how do you like that answer to a lame question comparing apples to oranges?

Since I'm too old for TBall, what else can I do to toughen up?

Stop whining about poor multi

Millionaire baseball players being booed for not earning their paycheck. I for one think Ubaldo brings on the booing as for once I would like to see him pissed off at himself (show some fire or emotion) instead of walking off after being pulled with that Howdy Doody half smirk on his face.

I have never seen a barista getting paid millions for a few dozen hours of work while performing poorly (way below what he has shown capable of in the past ) but if I had I would feel booing was well justified. So how do you like that answer to a lame question comparing apples to oranges?

Your exact words:

I personally think it is good for kids to learn at an early age that when you don't do your job right people are going to be unhappy . . .

How exactly was that sentiment limited to professional athletes making millions of dollars? IMO, you can either act like an adult and handle disappointment accordingly, or you can act like a noisy animal and "boo" to your heart's content.

Have you ever really thought about that? What it means to "voice" your displeasure by booing (or even approval via clapping, for that matter)? It's basically the least sophisticated brand of human communication that you can utilize, short of throwing your poop at people who disappoint you.

I don't usually take issue with booing and cheering because, when you're talking about jeering opposing players, I think most booing is, at its center, good-natured. Opposing players expect flak from opposing fans, but most of it isn't genuinely aggressive or intended to injure.

But booing your own team's players? There's nothing worthwhile about that. Ubaldo knew he pitched like s--- when he came out of that game. He knows that he's let his team and the city's baseball fans down this season. He doesn't merit any praise for his work this season, but there's no reason for hometown fans to twist the knife, either.

Unless you want to be regarded as some kind of guileless beast who's only as loyal as its most recent meal, in which case I am happy to oblige.

Archived