What a monster statement today. "It's still baseball season in Baltimore"

Barnaby Graves

I don't know why this is important. I love the Ravens and I love the Orioles. I watched the Ravens game and then the Orioles game. You don't need to pick sides.

Right. As a lad in 1963 I fell in love with Brooks, Boog, et al with the Orioles and Johnny U, Berry and Marchetti with the Colts. You could make a coin with the O's on one side and the Colts on the other and there was no way I could win or lose it if was flipped! I still feel the same way only difference is the Ravens are the Colts replacement. I was at the Ravens game and that 20 seconds where we got the lead was a high that you rarely get in sports and the low the very next time Cincy got the ball was was so deflating that I was emotionally drained. So I was riding a bus full of Ravens fans back to Western Maryland and it was unusually quiet do to the loss. So I got the O's game on MLB.com and sort of semi announced the game and when they pulled it out in the 11th it was announced on the bus and at least there was something to be happy about! So I am thankful for both of my favorite teams. Just love em both to death!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking back to September/October 2012, I don't think the start of the football season interfered with the City of Baltimore paying rapt attention to the Orioles. There's plenty of room for both sports. It's nice, though, that the NFL scheduled this week's Ravens game for a Thursday night when the Orioles aren't playing, leaving the weekend clear to focus on the Orioles playing the Yankees four times in three days.

Archived